Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lutz

TDE Progress

Just a head's up, folks: The Dying End (http://www.wadsinprogress.info/?a=listwads&wad=853) is almost complete, and that means I need some beta testers. Since it's just one level I'm really only looking for two or three folks -- shoot me an email if you are interested (make sure you use a smart subject line, lest it end up in Spam Hell). My preliminary explorations indicate that it's hard as balls and not as much fun as it could be, so volunteers will have their work cut out for them.

Also, I have new screenshots, but whoever moderates WIP hasn't approved them. I don't know what the deal is; chances are, I screwed up some how. Nonetheless, anyone know what's up?

AgentSpork is one of the mods, so I'll just bug him today if I see him. :P

ATTN Tango, Impboy, and Joel Murdoch: I just sent you all the first beta, so if you don't see it, please let me know ASAP.

TDE is done! Huzzah! Let the heavens ring forth, and all that stuff.

Now, unfortunately, I don't know where to put it. I don't want to rehash this thread...but I can't connect to the archives and really don't know where else to post the level. Any thoughts?

Lutz said:

TDE is done! Huzzah! Let the heavens ring forth, and all that stuff.

Now, unfortunately, I don't know where to put it. I don't want to rehash this thread...but I can't connect to the archives and really don't know where else to post the level. Any thoughts?

Can't you just throw it up on the Chaos Crew space on Doomworld?

Afterglow said:

Can't you just throw it up on the Chaos Crew space on Doomworld?

Yeah, I thought about that, but I no longer have the password. Who is in charge of the hosted sites? (Or, if whomever is in charge is reading this, please e-mail me the login/password.)

Maybe try emailing Marv at telefragged? I don't if it's marv@atomicgamer.com or what, but nobody on the Doomworld staff has the ability to reset passwords. Otherwise, I could throw it up on my own Doomworld space until you can login to the /idgames archives.

I finally got through to the archives, so look for it in /newstuff soon...

Just played through it. Freaking hard as hell.

But it isn't nothing short of beautiful. Everything is well executed leaving you wanting more. The architecture is amazing.

Very well done man.

The best new level in ages. Hands down. Beautiful. Intense. It gave me a bunch of "Jesus christ!"-moments, thus it owns.

Hey Chris, it's been a long time. Just played your map and must say is wonderful, great architecture, great action and great lighting, great texturing, very "doomish". Awesome! Just wonder why you don't use 2s mid-textured linedefs or fake bridges, you truly excel at these. Anyway, great job as always.

(runs fine with Eternity BTW)

Cya!

It's pretty great, hard to figure the secret spots, I probably only got 2 but other wise the other 5 I couldn't find ;S But still it's great.

Wow, that was one of the best remakes I've played in quite some time. Excellent job there, Lutz! Took me a while to find all the secrets though. ;)

Damnit I got my ass kicked on hurt me plenty :p amazing looking map especially the first time you enter the main area I was like holy shit this is beautiful.

An worthy candidate for the caco awards, nice job.

Great looking map Lutz!

I'm honestly not too big on it's game play (just not my type), but look wise it's incredible!

Good job!

A beautiful interpretation of map29. I loved it from start to finish. Nice to look for the secrets too, I found some of them by pure accident! Also, Very hard on HMP :) I died a few times, mainly from chaingunners shooting from a distance. Good placing of chaingunners and imps far away add nice sniping spots for the monsters to get the poor player who doesn't have a clue at first where the shots came from. :)) Maybe people will start making their own interpretations of doom2 maps and we'll suddenly have all 32 in front of us.

An community project like this would be nice, make an megawad and let mappers pick their favourite original doom1/2 TNT or Plutonia map to make their own version of it.

Another masterwork by Mr. Lutz. I was one of the testers and TOTALLY got my ass handed to me, hahaha. And I mean totally. I need to get back into practice methinks. Perfection as usual architecture wise though.

Absolutely stunning. Way to make me want to be a better mapper ;)

Cannot add any more accolades than what has already been said ... :)

Some points however ...

1. Linedef 0 ( yes line 0 ) should be flagged Double Sided and the texture made Upper.

2. Sectors 506. Not sure what effect you are trying for here. Check your control sector 879.

Thanks, folks. I've said it before (but I'm going to say it again): I make maps because I like making maps...but it's awesome if other people like them, too.