Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

PNG issues

I'm making a wad for Gzdoom, and I'd like to put some PNG images into it, the only problem is that i don't know how to make the "invisible" color. how can i do this using paint, or what do I need to make an area with no texture, that way gzdoom doesn't give me cyan or black in the areas that ought to be transparent.

PNG has a transparency table. You need a program that can manipulate that. Many cheap programs that are 'PNG compatible' are not capable of handling that in any way. The least any decent software should offer is an option in the 'save' dialog to set some PNG options.
If you can't find anything in the software you are using I suggest XNView which can be used to set the transparent color.

IrfanView is a great free program for viewing images that can save the transparent color as well.

Janitor said:

I'm making a wad for Gzdoom, and I'd like to put some PNG images into it, the only problem is that i don't know how to make the "invisible" color. how can i do this using paint, or what do I need to make an area with no texture, that way gzdoom doesn't give me cyan or black in the areas that ought to be transparent.

I had written a tutorial on converting models to sprites (for use in GZDooM, as it happens). Go to Section B (Converting Captured Images) of the tutorial and see how it's done using a free and easy to use program called XnView.