Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eugene

Eternal demos [-complevel 2]

dew said:

Wow, that is strange. What is your hardware specifically? I mean, have you tested both prboom and glboom? Moving some of the workload to the GPU could help if your CPU cannot handle software rendering of pr+.

Ah, hadn't thought of the difference between GL and software renderer, I prefer software but it turns out the GL version actually runs at a normal framerate, so thanks (my graphics card is currently an amd radeon r7 200 series (8GB memory)).

In short, this means, I got to check out the UNBELIEVABLE DEMO!

God damnit, that's the most impressive Cyberdemon takedown I've seen anywhere, for the plasma rifle. Can't believe how well you know this level j4rio. Still can't believe it, you beat it on Nightmare, and in twenty minutes! (ok, so some tricks were applied, but no cheats, and I kinda suspected some of the harder-to-do puzzles would be circumventable anyways, back when I made the map).

Thanks for a riveting 21 minutes j4rio - I laughed through watery eyes while watching it and am in awe of your Nightmare beating skills (never noticed before how the monsters additional aggro actually can be used against them in this mode).

HOLY SHIT! Never would have thought that to have been possible...

Btw, did you forget about the BFG first time around and have to backtrack for it?

-Sverre

Haha, thanks, that was almost poetic.

Soundblock said:

Btw, did you forget about the BFG first time around and have to backtrack for it?

You have to press line 4334 first, after that line 4361 becomes accessible which has to be pressed in order to reveal the button which lowers the platform to BFG. I haven't found a way around it so I have to backtrack through all the respawned stuff. Without 100% secrets it would take considerably less time to complete.

j4rio said:

Haha, thanks, that was almost poetic.

You have to press line 4334 first, after that line 4361 becomes accessible which has to be pressed in order to reveal the button which lowers the platform to BFG. I haven't found a way around it so I have to backtrack through all the respawned stuff. Without 100% secrets it would take considerably less time to complete.

Sheesh, you know the place better than I do now.

Truly the master of the castle. ;-)

MAP12 NM100S Done Quicker, without SSG and backpack, in 6:53.

That deadly detour to the fourth secret takes up to 2 minutes, so sorry it's not below ToD's 5:53 UV Speed :-)

et12s653.zip

heh, I haven't noticed that door for BFG button detour remains open forever, makes the category incomparably easier

SAV88 said:

MAP12 NM100S Done Quicker, without SSG and backpack, in 6:53.

That deadly detour to the fourth secret takes up to 2 minutes, so sorry it's not below ToD's 5:53 UV Speed :-)

:O

You guys are on fire!

I haven't even watched that yet but punching through the entire Eternal Doom always gets a like from me.

Very nice tysons there, j4rio.  If you really finish all Eternal maps, I'll buy you a beer.  ;)

Darkdome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 hours ago, j4rio said:

map 11 tyson 46:09

et11t4609.zip

The way you handled the 3 cybies was brilliant.

j4rio: "No really, send more homing missiles!"

revenant: "Dude! You've lost it man. Most players hate homing missiles. This guy can't get enough of 'em. This is one for the books."

Wow-wow-wow!

Nice dissection of the 2x Hellknight pit! When I saw you were closing in on map 12 in this thread I was wondering how that area would go with just fists. Never seen the Imps & Knights triggered separately before - initially I was confused to whether you were playing Skill 3 or something since the Knights weren't showing up, lol!

My God, I had heard of this Tyson business but up until now I had no idea it was even possible to outpunch a Cybo. Guess he has a very brief Achilles heel once his triple barrage has ended, huh? Took 4% damage from that fight, haha.

Only 3% left during the fight in the ascending spiral about the yellow key though, holy shit! Seemed like a leap of faith to even take on those last two with that!

Never thought I'd see barons from the Outer Courtyard re-fill infight cacos from old triple eye Entry Hall release. And then you dispatched with the remainder by luring them into the teleport pyres - looool! What actually happens there? Didn't hear a death noise when you teleported after them, do they die from teleporting to where there's not enough space for them or something? Thought they wouldn't teleport at all if that was the case? :o

And then just two pistol shots neccessary to kill the Spider Mastermind at the end - you've totally and utterly slapped the map lovingly around the block. Hats off, once again j4rio.

To think I thought I was a badass for being able to punch out a Baron back in the 90's, hahaha.

Just incredible... =)

On 6/17/2018 at 2:14 AM, j4rio said:

map 11 tyson 46:09

et11t4609.zip

I finally found time to watch this. A fantastic demo! There's a very long time before berserk, but the kill count goes up quickly and half of the monsters are dead by 8min 30. The cybers, LOL and congratulations, great workaround. After that there were a few almost dead moments (the imps, the arch-vile...). The hell knight pillar being a pain sector (@45:00), what the heck.