Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Afterglow

DCK + Dosbox?

Does anyone know if DCK v3.62 is workable in DOSBox or some other variant that doesn't involve dual booting to Windows 98SE? This is not a "use DoomBuilder" thread.

DosBox is capable to run any dos based application, so definitely go for it.

Kaiser said:

DosBox is capable to run any dos based application, so definitely go for it.

Yeah, no dice, same errors as running directly in XP where it can't find some libraries that are in the DCK directory.

Try to CD (Change Directory) to be sure you are starting in the same directory as DCK. It is probably looking for those libraries in the windows folders or something. You might also try a batch file to simplify if this will be something you need to do often. The small batch file could change directories and start the program if needed.

Searcher said:

Try to CD (Change Directory) to be sure you are starting in the same directory as DCK. It is probably looking for those libraries in the windows folders or something. You might also try a batch file to simplify if this will be something you need to do often. The small batch file could change directories and start the program if needed.

Wrong, dck doesn't require windows, it uses dos but with DPMI (Protected mode)

Afterglow: You could try running a virtual machine (like qemu) with windows 98 and use dck inside of that.

RTC_Marine said:

Afterglow: You could try running a virtual machine (like qemu) with windows 98 and use dck inside of that.

But that would require dual booting since he probably uses XP or something by now.

I haven't tested this yet, but it seems interesting

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/information.php?page=0&begaming_website_session=46d1bc6a18a24a022e131118d3f4e0c3

Lemmie know if you get it working, i miss DCK too, it was my favorite editor back in the day, and in my opinion, superior to all others for it's time.

RTC_Marine said:
dck doesn't require windows,

Does v3.62 even work under Windows 9x? The older v2.2 must be run under full DOS mode, but I never tried v3.62.

myk said:

Does v3.62 even work under Windows 9x? The older v2.2 must be run under full DOS mode, but I never tried v3.62.

It runs w/ 95/98 when rebooting to DOS mode, usually done by pressing F8 to choose from the OSs menu.

leileilol said:

try getting cwsdpmi.zip or exe and extract/place it in the dck folder, dosbox can run dck

Tried that, same error. Running DCK.BAT goes through an endless loop of "Can't find DPMI32VM.OVL. It must be on the path to run this program." which is in the DCK directory and I tried SET PATH=C:\DCK.

Running DCK32.EXE directory gives error:

Modules 'C:\DCK\ACC.DLL' section '.reloc' effset 000100
Unhandled exception 000E at 0020 2ABA ErrCode 0000

So it's still a problem with memory management.