Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ichor

Things in 3D mode (Hexen)

How do you get things to show up in 3D mode when working on Hexen maps? I know this was asked before, but the answer didn't seem to help much.

Then you have one or more of the following problems and solution;
- Your map does not contain any things. Insert some things.
- You have changed the default key "T" to something else. Remember the keys you configured or stick with the defaults.
- You have chosen a game configuration that has no sprites defined for the things, in which case you see the bounding box only. Fix up the configuration with the apropriate sprites for each thing and send the config to me so that everyone else can also enjoy the sprites in the next version.
- You are not using the latest version of Doom Builder. Get the latest version.
- You are an Ichor and you suck. There is no solution. :P

- The map contains plenty of things
- The default key hasn't changed. It's still 'T'
- There's not even the bounding box. Hitting the 'T' button does nothing, except for showing the things on/things off message. I'm not real sure how to fix the configuration so that sprites show up. I compared the Hexen and Doom configurations and I couldn't see any differece, so obviously I'm missing something. The previous answer mentioned something about that, but didn't go into much detail. I think this may be the problem though.
- I'm using version 1.67, and I'll keep using this for a while longer. I haven't had any problems with it (except for this of course, but it's more of an annoyance really).
- Heh

So have you been able to see things before in 3D mode? Is this a new problem?

I can see them in Doom, Doom 2, and Heretic, but not Hexen. It's always been like that.

Ichor said:

- I'm using version 1.67, and I'll keep using this for a while longer. I haven't had any problems with it (except for this of course, but it's more of an annoyance really).

The latest version is 1.68 build 385, not 1.67. Maybe you should update? 1.67 used to crash for me pretty much, unlike this improved 1.68.

Ok, it took a while, but I finally found the problem (it turns out there was some missing sprite information like height) and decided to whip up a new Hexen configuration.

I had to make a minor update (same link). The artifacts wouldn't show up (just the boxes) because it used ARTI#### instead of ####A0, so that's fixed now.

By the way, a few of the puzzle pieces were missing altogether, so I added them. I also added mapspots and polyobject spots, so they show up in 3D mode now.