Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

What do i need to run slige? And where do i get it?

I looked for slige but could not find it. Also, i think you need more than one program to use slige, if that's the case what do i need?

I did......the levels suck ass! The reason: Texture usage!

The textures are completely random and lock awful. Not to bad for a software but......(pukes)

hardcore_gamer said:

The textures are completely random and lock awful. Not to bad for a software but......(pukes)

Yes. Scooby-dooby-doo.

And it seems you found out yourself why Slige (and the supposedly enhanced OBLIGE are looked up).

hardcore_gamer said:

In that case, don't bother with Slige.

Oblige is nice to mess around with if you got nothing to do generate some maps and play them, I've never checked out slige so far.

Just don't release them or whatever just keep them to yourself, its more fun to fire up doombuilder and design an map from scratch.

Oblige can make some great deathmatch map. For single player maps you better try it with diferent iwads. Some seeds are better than others.

To play a wad made by slige you must rename the emerging file to wad format, and build the nodes.

Speaking of which, I've never seen any slige map that looks anything even remotely to that screenshot that's featured on the page.

It's more a

"six huge rooms with 128-high walls and sky ceilings" sort of thing

kristus said:

Speaking of which, I've never seen any slige map that looks anything even remotely to that screenshot that's featured on the page.

Looks representative to me. The real downside is, that pretty much all sliege maps have the same architecture from those few screenshots over and over again, which becomes boring quite fast.

Oblige has somewhat different style in architecture, but suffers from the same repeatness. Textures rarely fit together, angels are always orthogonal, and those opening trap doors are ugly pegged and often rises into the sky. Eventhough slige generates some none orthogonal walls, the usage of it is pretty much negligible as it doesn't really affect the overall layout.

I find those map generators interesting, but they are still far from generating serious maps. I'm looking forward seeing SCUDD in action, if there will be a release someday. Screenshots looked quite differently at least.

LogicDeLuxe said:

I'm looking forward seeing SCUDD in action, if there will be a release someday. Screenshots looked quite differently at least.

Linky?

SCUDD has been on hold for a while now I'm affraid. I simply have too many other projects demanding of my time currently. Once I manage to free up some time I will return to developing SCUDD.

Sorry about the pics being down. I won't upload any though, given that the project is on hold.

DaniJ said:

SCUDD has been on hold for a while now I'm affraid. I simply have too many other projects demanding of my time currently. Once I manage to free up some time I will return to developing SCUDD.

Sorry about the pics being down. I won't upload any though, given that the project is on hold.

To bad:(

To the levels from scudd look difrent each time or the same like in obilige and slige?

Wasn't SCUDD the one where people in the community submit prefabs and it sticks those together? (probably also with some generic SLIGEish hallways between them). It could be interesting and would lead to some nice looking structures with diagonal walls and that, but still after a while the levels would start to look samey again...

Ahh, SCUDD actually sounds pretty good, when i first heard of SLIGE i imagined it would have buttons you could press to choose your theme so it'd make techbase, castle, cave, city etc maps with certian structures... so i was a bit dismayed by a DOS window that appears and vanishes and doesnt even produce a ready-to-play wad. SCUDD sounds a bit closer to what i had imagined