Find results in...
AndrewB

Sopranos *spoiler so don't be stupid*

So what happened?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. So what happened?

• Tony`s dead
    • Something else

So they ended the show with a dude coming out of the restaurant washroom and Tony looking up a bit dumbfounded. Then cut to credits.

How should this be interpreted?

Is it meant to be? David Chase left it hanging like this probably so you could make the decision for yourself. As far as we know, what happens to Tony is up in the air. Take it anyway you like it, I think it can be assumed that you can't know for sure, let alone interpreted from that ending.

Well I've never seen an episode of that show, but considering theres a scene in Godfather where (Sonny I think) comes out of the washroom in a restaurant and blows a couple mobsters away, that sounds like a direct allusion. Sounds like he's dead.

The meaning had deep value, like HOW DEEP ARE SOME POCKETS FOR THE MOVIEEEEE

I wouldn't mind a movie, though lots would. Still, I doubt a movie will take place.

i interpreted as he didnt die. thats the point. actually until reading this thread, i didnt realize there were any other points of view, I thought it was fairly obvious that the idea was everyone expected the cliche main character dying but in the end, its just another day in the life and the show may be ending but thats really just the window us viewers have into their life, but it can be assumed they just keep doing what they're doing.

Also they played Don't Stop Believin' so that made the ending super cool :)

Well the last few episodes seemed really dull, and this left off with quite a dumb ending. When the camera panned on Tony, the screen turned black and all sounds stopped, like if it were some sort of cablevision problem. This lasted about 10 seconds before it skipped to the credits. Awful.

At least Phill got capped. Never liked him in this series or the Godfather.

EDIT: After watching NBC news the writers stated it was supposed to be more of a "create your own ending" so to speak. Still a bit too sudden in my opinion.

I think the ending was to purposely piss off fans to get a reaction, to get another season going. Sort of like how Murphy Brown's finale got enough of a reaction out of fans to keep the series going.

Oz did something similar when it ended and Oz was from the same creator. Only with Oz it seemed like it was just another week until about the last 5 minutes of it, where they abruptly found some sense of closure when the prison had to be shut down (for a reason I'm not going to spoil).

Sapranos has been dead for years. All of my friends, family and co workers that watched every week stopped watching a long time ago with the season where Ed Buschemmi and Robert Loscha appeared.

A lot of the main storyline ideas were taken from the Shield, it was really parallel, only the Shield took it in the direction of justice being bad but being just. The Sapranos took it in the direction of family with a secret admitting the secret.

The real indicator that the series was done was going away for 18 months. And after an 18 month hiatus from the series (so one of the stars could grow her hair back), a lot of my friends came back to the show and wondered why they came back. 18 months for that??? 18 months there should be some intense brilliance behind it. Instead it was something as simple as Tony getting shot.

I can't figure out what your problem is, geo. It's like you're complaining about things that ordinarily are not complained about.

One in every crowd, I guess.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Wasn't really a bad ending per-se, just wasn't good either. I think maybe it's one of those "dawning realization" moments that you just have to conclude on your own.