Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Steeveeo

GZDoom: Multiplayer issues

No matter which Wad I play (that is co-op or DM compatible), my friend and I always get the "Out of Sync" error about 2 minutes into the level. Then all sorts of things go wrong after that: like being 250 feet north of where you are actually supposed to be, death messages even though no-one has died, scripts going bonkers.

Firewalls have been configured, ports forwarded, Norton Autoprotect off, and AFAIK we both have equally fast net connections and the same version of GZDoom.

Any ideas to what might be causing this?

(NOTE: P2P software is off.
NOTE2: Doom2.wad even goes OOS)

alright, its been about a week!

Does ANYBODY have any suggestions?

Its very frustrating when we want to DM over some cool maps that do not work in ST!

Does it happen with other ports? Do you have anything like Quality of Service enabled on the router?

What happens if your friend hosts a game instead?

I have a similar problem as well. Instead of the game going "Out of Sync" and the game then becoming two single-player games... when I try co-op (as I never really DM and have no issues with DM)... the game will freeze.

We will notice like... lag basically, things stopping and starting very quickly, then it gets more and more noticeable until the game just stops on both computers (as both PCs are right next to each other). You can go into the menu and everything but the game has literally "frozen" as if you went into the console and typed "freeze". The only remedy is if one player exits, after which the game resumes for the player remaining. Any explanation about this? It happens randomly, just seems as if sometimes Doom has good days, sometimes bad days.

Regarding the error above, I've only had "Out of Sync" appear once while playing Scythe. Me and a friend did co-op from scratch, got up to the Cyberdemon fight on Level 20 and it just de-synced. No idea why :S

@Planky:

No, only GZDoom (although Skulltag is a tad laggy at times, but thats just because of other players).

I am the one in charge of the router, and no QOS is initialized. I can even try a DMZ and it still goes OOS.

Same thing happens when he hosts.

Could it be faulty netcode? I wonder if skulltags idese.exe could be hacked to run GZDoom, that would make things quite a bit better I bet...maybe...

Check the file dates on your doom 1/2 iwads and compare to your friends - if they are different, this is probably the cause of the problems.

It isnt that, damn.

I did a test by sending him a copy of the Doom2 iwad (not as warez, just a test, he already owns a copy of doom2), still went OOS.