Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jethro

Doors. They fail epically. EPICALLY!

You see, once you hit space to open the doors, the door jerks down a bit, and then jerks up when it closes. I made them counter-clockwise, and made it after I made the other sectors. That didn't work. I made it first, then made the other sectors. didn't work either. Can somebody explain to me what I did wrong, or point me to a guide that explains? I RTFM'd, but it didn't help.

Set the "wall" sectors' ceiling and floor to the same as the outer room's ceiling; that works at least in ZDoom (and I'm too lazy to check in anything else). However leaving them at the same as the outer room's floor results in the jerking you mentioned.

Jodwin said:

Set the "wall" sectors' ceiling and floor to the same as the outer room's ceiling; that works at least in ZDoom (and I'm too lazy to check in anything else). However leaving them at the same as the outer room's floor results in the jerking you mentioned.

Hurm... I'll check that out, thanks.

EANB said:

Already hit that up.

EANB said:

What configuration are you using?

Doom II.

The one it is connected to is 0,0 and the sectors around it are 128,0. But Jodwin told me how to fix it, it works now. Yay! Thanks!