Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GooberMan

Feel like testing a Doom - The Arcade Game level?

By this time tomorrow I should have the first bonus stage finished, and I'll be looking for some people to test it out and give me some feedback on the level so that I can make some minor adjustments before I upload Release 1.
The level is titled "Marine Lemmings" and involves you making sure the Marines get to the exit without getting killed. Since it is a bonus stage, the more marines you save, the more bonuses you get. Either reply to this thread or send me an email if you are interested, and I will mail you a copy.

Well, it's this time tomrrow, but right now I don't have it ready... killer electrical storm came through last night and I couldn't get anything done (I'm in Australia so last night would have been morning for alot of you Doomers). It should be done by this time tomorrow though (hey, that could be a tagline instead of "when it's done" :P), so expect an email then.

Hi GM:

Got yer hefty file, and will give it a whirl in a couple of days.

ReX

In other news, my inbox at hotmail is currently fux0red so I can't check my mail :( They reckon it'll be back up soon (probably not tho, it is run by Microsoft after all :P)

Alright, I have my notes almost completely finished for Map 01, and then I'll start checking things on Map 90. Can you access your mailbox now? And if not, would you rather I just posted my notes here (they are kind of long)?

mailbox is working now, temporary fuckup on hotmail's part
MAP01 is pretty empty, it's somewhat fuller now with a couple of days detail work on it (that map in the wad took 2 minutes to compile, it now takes 4 and a half minutes - and I haven't added any new sections to it at all, it's all detail work) and a few more monsters :) I'd still like to hear what you have to say about the MAP01 you have though, so when you're finished mail em over.

Next time I send out a beta you'll be included Ralphis. Speaking of next time, the WAD is getting even bigger so I might just send a link next time instead of a zip file.

Next time I send out a beta you'll be included Ralphis. Speaking of next time, the WAD is getting even bigger so I might just send a link next time instead of a zip file.

I think that's the best way to do it. I know that Yahoo won't allow files much bigger than the one you sent me, and I wouldn't be surprised if other E-mail servers had similar limits.

Hotmail has a 1mb attatchment limit. I think hotmail and yahoo are the only ones with attatchment limits, because my email address at metallica.com allows heaps bigger attatchments...

By this time tomorrow (seriously) I should have a completable version of the first map ready to test. I will upload a wad to my site and send you guys a link to it. Load it in on top of the other wad (eg: zdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file dar1b1.wad damap01.wad) and everything should be sweet. I will include these instructions again in the email. Ralphis, I will send you a link to the complete package.

I've been busy scripting in a little something to the map. It's an idea I was throwing around for Doom Chronicles, but decided to finally implement it in this map. I also have a few more ideas in my head for Doom Chronicles, and I know that they'll make their way in to this project aswell (especially once you hit Earth).
Summary - no map tonight