Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rubilacxe

I finally updated my Cube Mod

Hey guys, hows it goin?

After 3 years, I finally decided to make a change to my Cube Mod. As some of you know, you have access to an Automatic Shotgun (akin to the CS version...even uses the same sound). These, of course, can be found in almost any level, and are dropped by Shotgun Guards. However, until now, the shotgun guards always fired one shot at a time. This has been altered. The shotgun guy has been training for the past 3 years (har har har) and has finally mastered controlling the weapon while holding the trigger down. In other words, the shotgun dude fires the autoshotgun the way its supposed to be. Quite devestating when faced in groups.

You can check out my webpage (still there!) to download this patch http://rubilacxe2.tripod.com/cube/index.html

Go to the "Download Cube" page to find the patch. If you are new to Cube, please download the zipfile containing it, as well as the new patch (and tell me what you think!). It was made with Zdoom in mind, but no Zdoom enhancements are utilized....it can run on any source port that recognizes Dehacked. If you are a Cube veteran (or already have it installed on your computer), obviously all you need is the new patch (which replaces your old one...so it goes in your Cube folder).

Enjoy the updated enemy!

UPDATE: The problem with the Shotgun Guard firing continuously (even when your out of his line of sight) has been fixed! He now will continuously fire at you until he cannot see you! The updated patch has been uploaded to the website. Follow the links above to download the "new" new patch.

I was looking for this wad the other day, and then it pops up on the forums! I hope it's still full of ripped resources and a crazy dehacked patch, i can still remember the horror that was the "legalised version" after everyone came down on you for ripping things, when they completley ignore ripped stuff in other wads

Haha, good timing. Always glad to repeak the interest in my MOD :).

Yes, its still chock full of ripped things (hence my Doomworld title). A few years back, I sent out numerous e-mails to the authors who created the sprites and graphics I used. A few of them responded, and I changed things accordingly. But since then, the rest who I contacted either didn't care or haven't put forth the time to check out my mod and (possibly) have a problem with something.

As long as they give me their "silent consent", I shall use the material.

And yes, the crazy dehacked patch is still there (crazier than ever now that the Shotgun guy is more intimidating).

I've been making good use of my Skulltag folder and Cube recently (bot matches, but still). Perhaps some Cube Deathmatches could be revitalized as well? Doesn't hurt to dream ;)

Another update!

For those of you running Cube with Zdoom or Skulltag, I have edited the BEX file included with Cube so that the obituaries work properly with newer versions of these 2 source ports. I even tweaked a few of them (namely the shotgun dude's).

Follow the links above and check the downloads page to get the new BEX file. Download it to your Cube folder, replacing the old one included in Cube 1.5.

No offense, but this seems like your run-of-the-mill mismatched, ripped resource WAD. There's stuff from Doom64, CS, STRAIN, Star Wars, and plenty of other sources I can't name. It's just a complete mess. The rest is recolors and sprite edits, the most atrocious being the new imp.

I guess if some people like it, that's cool. I just won't be playing with this any time soon.

I found it quite fun, the new imps are quite dangerous in numbers, but the shotguns can blow them away quick (the single-barrel reminds me of Sinister's "minigun" out of Sinister Dexter)

"Eejits! ye wouldnt know good poetry if it loaded up on tungsten carbide hollow-points and came at ye at 5 times the speed of sound!
...which incedentally is exactly what it's about to do!"
BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM etc
"Don't say it-"
"Poetry in motion, pal"
"I said don't!"

No offense taken, but I'd hate to see someone become uninterested based on the ripped graphics alone. Its the coding that really makes my MOD what it is, not what I stole from people. But either way, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and you don't have to play it if you don't want to.