Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

The Realm667 "Beastiary" needs more content! CONTRIBUTE!

Yeah, gone are the times when you painfully had to extract a custom actor from one wad or pk3 if you wanted to use it in your own map.

The Realm667 Beastiary
...is online! :) Submit your own monsters here now and if they are of any worth, be sure that they will be added soon. ;P If you find bugs, problems or things one could improve, feel free to do so and submit the bugfixed wad here as well. Or just get your favorite monsters now ;)

Something concerning credits & permissions: I didn't ask for permission as this was a spontaneous idea but most of the monsters online there are already part of the Monster Resource WAD. Though, if I have uploaded your monster and you want it to be removed, just tell me and I will do so. Beyond, most of the stuff is credited. If I have forgotten or missed something, feel free to tell me about it :)

Link: http://www.realm667.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=38&Itemid=105

Greets,
Torm

Nice presentation. Good work on assembling so many enemies for download.

The problem: I want to send you a new monster that can resurrect the dead. How do I do it in DECORATE?

This is actually a pretty cool resource. I can definitely see it being put to good use. Nicely done.

Always nice to see a new online Doom "beastiary." (When will Nick Baker update his?)

So what's the difference between the designation of "medium" and "normal" for the enemy difficulty?

Looking good, man!

Heh, I'd also been wondering about Baker's Beastiary too (sounds like a cooking show, eh?). It was last updated in '03 if I remember right.

Thumbs up. Very nice! I kinda think you could include stats for the beast other then "easy, normal, hard, etc" I was thinking... walk speed, health, and damage? Nah, that's WAY too much work. (Not being sarcastic) I REALLY want that chaingunner from kdizd, he looks better then the doom 2 chaingunner.

Very nice work!

And I agree that it would be nice to see the other stats of the creatures.

Do you just want sprites or the DECORATE coding as well?, because i have the 'original' Storm Demon (a green cyberdemon that summons lightning archvile style, and has a slightly edited attack and death frame), but i only have DDF code for it (which needs editing anyway since they changed the sound code of EDGE)

@deathbringer - As I am no DECORATE coder myself, I want to have the complete package from you, a complete actor in a WAD. But there are many persons around who can do this for you I think :)

Concerning other stats of the monsters: This will never happen as it's a lot of work to extract all this info from the actors and wirte it online again. If you want to get a closer look, do it yourself.

@Jethro - ChaingunMajor is online!

Torm, I have a question, Do any of the new enemies have same code? Like for monsters:

30023 For a random imp (Dark Imp - Void-) but another random monsters (Annihilator -Super Cyberdemon-) with that same code, wouldn't 1 show up?

Well, that can happen but I think it's up to the modder himself to make sure that these monsters do not have the same ID later and beyond it's not much to change. But as far as I know, every ID is unique.

BTW, someone minds posting this in the "Doomworld News" forum as a news item suggestion? I think this might be quite interesting for others not looking throughj the forums as well.

Hmn...Thats probably why I only had Efrit as the only Decorate Monsters =S

I'll change the id if I find anything similar, I wanted to use the WarLord of Hell =O

I think and hope he's setting up a database, where people can load individual monsters, not whole packs.

Tormentor667 said:

@Jethro - ChaingunMajor is online!

Will you marry me?
(Now all I have to do is figure out how to have it replace the normal chaingunner.)

Well, it uses the Heretic menue gfxs and it's behaviour isn't really that interesting but it's a good start. Work on it a bit more, maybe even ehance the graphics and it might be useful for others too

daimonreloaded said:

cool, but why you can't merge all this monsters into one, like "the monsters resource pack"?

Please no this is way easier it saves alot of work going through all the stuff just to find everthing an monster uses.

dutch devil said:

Please no this is way easier it saves alot of work going through all the stuff just to find everthing an monster uses.

What Dutch said. This way you can grab one critter (or the ones you want) and not have a big conglom to deal with. Nice job Tormentor. I'm definitely going to make good use of that Cacolantern. At least that's the plan.

Doom Dude said:

What Dutch said. This way you can grab one critter (or the ones you want) and not have a big conglom to deal with. Nice job Tormentor. I'm definitely going to make good use of that Cacolantern. At least that's the plan.

Just to tell you all, for ALL of you who run EVERYTHING on SkullTag, DO NOT DOWNLOAD CACOLANTERN OR BELPHEGOR! If you happen to download them, it'd ONLY be for ZDoom and anything of ZDoom sort (Not ST though).

<Edit> and for other ports too if you would like to say that.