Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tycp_08

short wad that i made

you pick up the chainsaw/berserker pack and walk straight forward. then you get teleported to an open, dark area. find the exit while fighting demons.

there is no trick to this level nor is it supposed to be a joke wad or anything else.

You may have started it an all, but couldn't you have simply added some screens? Since it's a level you just created...We'll just say 'Beta' testing since it may need updates?

i don't plan on releasing any updates, this is the final version. and it was made to be short.

Excellent. The only thing missing is the unintentional dependency on ZDoom.

as RjY said, this needs ZDOOM, the reason I didn't mention this is that I assumed people would have ZDOOM by default.

I enjoy chainsawing demons but this a little too little. It ran perfectly in jdoom 1.8.6 BTW.

I think it needs a little more light (not too much) so that it at least makes sense to have an open sky above it.

Or use a cloudy night sky. I hate it when night skies are used but sectors are fullbright, though. :/

tycp_08 said:

as RjY said, this needs ZDOOM, the reason I didn't mention this is that I assumed people would have ZDOOM by default.

tycp_08 said:

A lot of us NEVER reach for ZDOOM first.

tycp_08 said:

as RjY said, this needs ZDOOM

No, I don't think that is what he was saying (as it isn't true). I believe he meant that this wad has so many bad 'n00b'-type failings, that one would expect it also to feature errors that unintentionally made it need Zdoom, such as an invalid tag, bad textures, etc.

As for the map, I just ran to the exit unopposed. Seems like a rather pointless level.

seems like ALL of my levels are pointless. to solve this problem, I will just get rid of the download links and pictures. I don't know what that will accomplish, but I suppose it will prevent people playing this supposed POINTLESS level. thanks for all of the POSITIVE comments, and for those who hated it, good for you. you lowered my confidence in ATTEMPTING to make a level. thanks. (that was sarcasm, for those of you who are slow.)

tycp_08 said:

seems like ALL of my levels are pointless. to solve this problem, I will just get rid of the download links and pictures. I don't know what that will accomplish, but I suppose it will prevent people playing this supposed POINTLESS level. thanks for all of the POSITIVE comments, and for those who hated it, good for you. you lowered my confidence in ATTEMPTING to make a level. thanks. (that was sarcasm, for those of you who are slow.)

You make garbage, expect to get garbage in return.

relax....you're in Doomworld...if people dont like something, they bash it! (probably a little more than they need to sometimes)

about my FIFTH level there, slick. I have VERY little experience mapping. I am trying my best. this is directed at Dr. Zin

tycp_08 said:

about my FIFTH level there, slick. I have VERY little experience mapping. I am trying my best. this is directed at Dr. Zin

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12597

That is one guy's first level. No-one expects someone to put out something that good on their first attempt, but if it isn't worth playing then no-one wants to see it.

sorry, sorry, pressed the submit button twice. someone please delete it, the first one. again, sorry.

(someone please close this thread, i have decided that if i respond, someone is gonna comeback with a better response. someone please close this thread.)

I suppose you could have asked for some constructive criticism rather than being overly defensive, and I don't think Grazza meant "pointless" as in your effort, just in the general layout of the level. Just keep at it and remember, you can't please everyone. Ask for help if you need it and it's always good to get beta testers to test your levels before the final release. The more you work at it, the more you'll improve. No need to be so negative.

Its quite normal that your first maps suck keep making them, keep the maps simple no detail work on an nice layout.

Don't try to do too many stuff at once take it step by step.