Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amnesia

lol... LOOKS LIKE someone forgot doomworld...

JacKThERiPPeR said:

Anyways, I thought UGO hosted DoomWorld.

The little logo at the top of the page would support that theory, yes.

I think it's official. They don't like us anymore. It's like when a manager wants to fire someone but doesn't really have a reason so they just try to make their life miserable while ignoring them.

I do find it kind of bizarre that Doomworld is still running after all these years. I can only imagine that it has just slipped under the radar of whoever is in charge of the company that runs it, and they don't realise that they're hosting this community of people obsessed with a 13 year old game. Probably they assume it's a Doom 3 site, which technically it sort of is, although in practise almost everyone on the Doomworld forums is a Classic Doom player.

Perhaps Doomworld makes enough ad impressions that it's worth the time to keep running? These forums have quite a few members, and every page displayed contains a banner ad.

fraggle said:

I do find it kind of bizarre that Doomworld is still running after all these years. I can only imagine that it has just slipped under the radar of whoever is in charge of the company that runs it, and they don't realise that they're hosting this community of people obsessed with a 13 year old game. Probably they assume it's a Doom 3 site, which technically it sort of is, although in practise almost everyone on the Doomworld forums is a Classic Doom player.

Perhaps Doomworld makes enough ad impressions that it's worth the time to keep running? These forums have quite a few members, and every page displayed contains a banner ad.

Shhhh, don't say anything! They might be reading that and shut this site down. :P

Danarchy said:
It's like when a manager wants to fire someone but doesn't really have a reason so they just try to make their life miserable while ignoring them.

So Doomworld is the Milton to UGO's Initech?

Linguica said:

First they forgot about Dre, now Doomworld... what's next?!?!?

To paraphrase a deadnail mp3 of many years ago, UGO couldn't find AIDS in Richard Simmons' ass.