Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amnesia

anyone remember the doom toys sold at eb games?

Actually, i think they did make some Doom movie toys. I seem to remember a replica of the "Bio Force" Gun.

Only a couple of doom movie weapons made it into collector shops. No Doom figures or toys exist mainstream.

EDIT: Beside the pewter miniatures of course.

I only have Duke Nukem action figures. I have a pig cop, a octobrain, and a Battlelord. All with accessories. The Battlelord has a few knives, a visor, and a removable weapon (the one from the game). Pig cop has a armor vest, shotgun, baton, and night vision. The octobrain's brain detaches and goo comes out (all dried now...).

I had the octobrain and pig cop, too! The octobrain's tentacles dry rotted and fell off, though. :( The pig cop should still be in good condition, I think I just have it in storage. Also had a couple Quake II figures.

Danarcy said:
Actually, i think they did make some Doom movie toys. I seem to remember a replica of the "Bio Force" Gun.

The line of toys from the movie were the hell knight and bfg models. The four action figures (in photo previews) that were going to be released were ditched iirc.

Those Resaurus Quake II toys rule--I've got a complete set. The Tank figure is still my favorite sculpt of all time. I made a website for them many moons ago:

http://www.geocities.com/thrust2ramjet/index.html

Resaurus had a line-up of Quake 3: Arena figures sculpted too, but they never got released.

I believe McFarlane Toys was supposed to make a Doom line at one point, but Columbine put the kabosh on it (or so my buddies at Spawn.com tell me anyway).

Naked Snake said:

They never made Doom toys, you're thinking about the Quake II action-figures.

Sorry to say that, but you are wrong.
I saw some lead-figures in a fantasy shop some years ago.
Quite expensive but what else do you ask from "Fantasy Ankotzer" (Fantasy Encounter, but as the shop owner sucks.... go figure ;) )

The only thing I have is an statue of the doom movie hell knight, I might still buy the BFG one day.

Those doom movie action figures however look quite ugly its not something I would spend my money on.

The movie BFG replica is 12 inches and sells at the most retarded price imaginable. Don't waste your time.

Bastet Furry said:

Sorry to say that, but you are wrong.
I saw some lead-figures in a fantasy shop some years ago.
Quite expensive but what else do you ask from "Fantasy Ankotzer" (Fantasy Encounter, but as the shop owner sucks.... go figure ;) )

Those aren't toys, they are gaming miniatures.

Argue point... the 100OrSo mechs i have on my attic beg to differ as they are used for BattleTech regulary ;)
(We play 3025 after 3rd compendium cuz Clan sux, if anyone cares...)

Bastet Furry said:

Argue point... the 100OrSo mechs i have on my attic beg to differ as they are used for BattleTech regulary ;)
(We play 3025 after 3rd compendium cuz Clan sux, if anyone cares...)

3025 is the best I.S. period (most of the Level 2 Technology is either crap or unbalancing), but the CLans are fun to play on their own; the faster pace is nice.

Personally BMR is probably has the best core rules, as they had done the most streamlining and tweaking for that ruleset. Plus it also introduced BV1, which was the easiest way make matching opposing forces (though there were some ways to exploit it). The new rulebook, Total Warfare, blow though. While it does do some cool stuff (like making unarmored infantry less of a joke), it makes other crap needlessly complicated and unbalances alot of things.

They redid BV (mostly because Clan player bitched about how their units were overvalued), and screwed it up nicely. Too many units that were weak, but had a low BV, got overvalued - making them useless. The pendulum also swung the other way for IS vs Clan. Because of new force size multipliers an IS force of otherwise equivalant BV is overvalued compared to their opponent.

They also redid how vehicles take damage (which admittedly needed some work), but again they overdid it. Now heavy tanks like Alacorns are hard as hell to kill, and are mostly only suseptible to motive crits. This means that if you can park a heavy tank on the high ground you can basically own the map.

That was really OT.

Here's a scan, from an old issue of PSM magazine, of the Resaurus Quake 3: Arena figures that never got released, that I was talking about in an earlier post. I hate when toy companies make cool stuff and then it never sees the light of day!