Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

R.I.P. Jason "Amaster" Masihdas

Suicide? Seriously? As was said before, man, he'd be like the last person I could think of that would be capable of commiting suicide. What the hell :( I'm really hoping there's just some crazy miscommunication going on.

Confirmed what Bloodshedder said above, I was out and about when Ralphis called my cell phone at around 1:10 PM EST, when I answered he asked if I was at the computer, I said no, and then I realized something serious was going on, because I heard him choking up as if he was on the verge of tears. He told me Jason's dead. I couldn't hear him well enough when he said how he found out, but I heard Ralph say he committed suicide and told me to tell everyone when I got back.

As for details about his death, I'd assume Ralph would have that information seeing as how he got this info from someone close to Jason.

What the hell? This doesn't make any sense. He seemed like such a great person. Why did this happen?

It's sad to see a community member go like this. :(

Wow, man. Like for others, it would've been difficult for me to ever expect Jason to commit suicide. But, then again, there may have been unspoken crises going on in his life. Since we don't have the details yet, I can only hope that this isn't true.

Nautilus said:

Wow, man. Like for others, it would've been difficult for me to ever expect Jason to commit suicide. But, then again, there may have been unspoken crises going on in his life. Since we don't have the details yet, I can only hope that this isn't true.

All you can do is Google search his full name everyday and look for news articles.

I'm having a hard time dealing with this.
It's quite frightening to think of what causes him to decide for this step.
He was one of the coolest guys around and even tho I never was really close with him, this hurts me a lot.

Farewell Jason

Truly appalling indeed. He always struck me as a normal, talented, well-adjusted type of guy with everything to look forward to.

Jesus christ...Goddamn this sucks. Assmaster was the last person I'd suspect of doing something like this. My condolences to his friends and family.

This is really sad. I regret that I didn't know Assmaster better, as I never had much interaction with him beyond brief chat on IRC. But I offer my condolences and respects.

As something constructive, I'd like to link to suicidal.com which is a website for people who are contemplating suicide. If there's anyone else reading this thread who feels the same way, please seek some help. You don't need to do something like this.

Man I don't really know what to say or where to start this news makes me quiet and very sad, my condolences to his family I just wished I knew him better.

As everyone knows, I usually balk when it comes to serious issues of this magnitude on the forums. This is partly due to the nature of my relationship with the community, and partly due to my own selfish lack of interest.

But let me say that having myself been on the precipice (literally) of making the same decision in the past, I cannot and will not pass judgment against him for what he did. Having no other information to go on, I am forced to presume that he had completely legitimate reasons for doing what he did, and that he likely faced a combination of life obstacles that trumps what any of us here have faced. So while many will criticize his decision, I for one will choose to respect it. That is all.

Although I had noticed a lack of self confidence in Amaster when we've had discussions sometimes on IRC. I would've never expected him to do something like this.

I find it really hard to take in.

Crap. :( I too must echo my thoughts that I would never see this coming from him. He'll be missed. :(