Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

R.I.P. Jason "Amaster" Masihdas

Sorry to hear that. I didn't know him very well, just the occasional IRC banter, but I know people both here on the forums and on IRC were very close to him. My condolences.

While I unfortunately didn't get to know him too well, it's never something that crossed my mind as a possibility.

It gives me a terrible feeling though. It's just a real comfortable thing knowing he's around, even if we don't really talk.

Take care, Mr. Assmaster.

Ouch man. I didn't know him well at all but he certainly didn't seem like one to be doing that. :'(

Tango said:

Ouch man. I didn't know him well at all but he certainly didn't seem like one to be doing that. :'(

Seconded. I looked at his last post over here and he seemed happy enough to be around. He didn't seem the type to do that sort of thing from what I've seen of him.

My deepest condolences to Assmaster's family. He will be sorely missed by all of us. I wish we had more information, but i'm sure that will come to pass. I'm still in shock about this whole thing.

Damn. I actually hung out with him and SargeBaldy in Seattle for a few days a couple years back. He was a freindly, happy person and I never really expected him to be the kind of person who would do this. I know he had a bunch of issues, but Hell, we all do. I wonder if his dad dying put him over the edge. I know he wasn't very close to him (I think he met him like once or twice in his life), but sometimes the oddest things can set you off, and that isn't quite that strange.

Man, after all that time I whined about myself, you'd have thought I'd have done the deed already. Then it's him of all people that does it. I can't really think of anything else to say...

I need to tell Owen.

This really gets to me. I have lost a number of friends, recently, to suicide. It's strange, the internet and IRC allows us to communicate with others and befriend them without being close and intimate, however I still considered Assmaster a good acquaintance. This is unfortunate and terrible, and I will really miss him.

This is very tragic news. Even though I didn't really know Assmaster at all, it's sad that he did this. :(

My condolences to his family and friends.

I didn't know him at all, but I'm pretty bummed out by seeing a member commit suicide. This is a very sad read.

Yeah... that's about what I guessed. Never knew him though. I extend my condolences to his family.

Epyo said:

I very much regret not getting to know him better

god damn it

God damnit.

I can't say that I'm best friends with anyone in the community, I keep to myself more or less and watch what happens. But that doesn't mean I haven't been effected by certain members. I am deeply saddened by the passing of a man I held in high regard.

It's sad to see our Artificial Mechanical Android interrupted like this.

His last say here was a veritable heh the day where Bloodshedder noted contact was lost...

...Shit.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends (both here, on IRC and in real life). I'm sure they are going to spend a long time wondering just what the hell could have driven him to it. Lord knows I am.

R.I.P. Amaster
Sorry for being annoying on IRC all those times. You always seemed like a cool guy :(
-insertwackynamehere

My gosh, this is simply horrible! :(

Even though I hardly even knew the man, I wish I could have known beforehand... To talk him out of it...

R.I.P. Jason. :(

I sadly never really got to know him very well, but he will be missed.

It's weird, I even have logs from #zdoom and #unidoom that chronicle the last things he said. I was gonna post it, but then I realized it would be in bad taste, so...

no no no! What the hell is wrong with the world?!

I dont know him all too well, but whenever he helped me on mapping or whatnot, he didnt seem to be the suicidal type.

I can only offer this: Rest in peace, Jason....