Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinyx

help on doors and lifts

When I test the maps in doom builder the doors and lifts work fine. But when I run them in a server the doors dont close all the way and the lifts dontt go all the way up. The end result being that the secret doors and lifts leave the areas exposed and really just dont look good.

I'm building in Zdoom (Doom in Hexen mode) anyone have any idea what I have done wrong?

I see no reason, why the map would behave differently when running from Doombuilder. Maybe you could upload an example where this happens.

is boom different from zdoom in hexen? I play on zdeamon so I want my maps to be playable to the community

For zdaemon or zdoom or gzdoom i would recommend bulding in boom format due to its accessability and i do believe its less buggy than other formats (dunno if thats true)

Also Boom is quite limited in comparison to Hexen format, ie. no thing actions, no polyobjects, no scripts (to name a few).
There is no point in using the Boom format in Zdoom based ports since it will be converted internaly anyways.