Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Where can i find a program to create simple music?

Do you know about any programs that allows me to create some simple music? Nothing very complex just simple music where you choose some sound effects and stuff. My friend had a software like that but has deleted it and can't find the cd. Any help?

try the free version of Fruity Loops (FLStudio5). You cant save your projects in the trial version, but you can export music.

Depending on the source port you aim for, you might also consider using a tracker. The Unreal music is a famous example done that way.
The advantage is that the sound does not rely on MIDI wavetables where every model sounds different.
Disadvantage is a somewhat larger file size due to the waves stored with it, though usually still smaller than MP3. They are very small when done in so called chip tune style.

Steeveeo said:

try the free version of Fruity Loops (FLStudio5). You cant save your projects in the trial version, but you can export music.

How long does the trial last?

uh, FL Studio is up to version 7 now. (though there is a trial still)

Its also a commercial product designed for music production, editing, creation, etc. for people like full scale musicians and bands. If you just want to create simple, quick stuff with less of a learning curve I'd grab something like ModPlug tracker and make modules. There are some free MIDI creation programs floatiing around the internet.

Lamneth said:

uh, FL Studio is up to version 7 now. (though there is a trial still)

Its also a commercial product designed for music production, editing, creation, etc. for people like full scale musicians and bands. If you just want to create simple, quick stuff with less of a learning curve I'd grab something like ModPlug tracker and make modules. There are some free MIDI creation programs floatiing around the internet.

Ah! Thank you. Oh! And by the way, the hell underneath project is finished, see the thread for a download link.:)

and BTW, the trial lasts forever, but whenever you try to save your project it will tell you to buy the full version.

MidiNotate Composer works just well (It's interface is like making sheet music) It has a 30 day trial, but that is easily fooled.
Personally, I just use it to either
* Make terrible music
* Make terrible hacks of the doom music (Oh, what a disgrace!)

Here is a link for the one that I use
http://www.download3000.com/download_11270.html

here is the one for the latest version
http://www.notation.com

(My winace evaluation period expired by 829 days today!)