Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the iron hitman

Need opinions on a new WAD

From that screenshot I can't judge if your using the same architecture of Map06, or your making new from scratch following it. For the style of textures that radicaly change the atmosphere I assume it's the first thing.

I think you need to add more light variation, and specialy reduce the light level. Some more detail, wouldn't hurt neither. You can allways add containers, pipes, crates, pillars, and what not. Add more variation to the textures.

I'm not sure what's your goal, to make a new level out of map06, or to create a reinterpretation of it like KDIZD does with E1. If it's the first thing I have to admit you did a nice job, yet today nobody plays that kind of wad, if you enjoy making it, then go for it, but I suggest to keep it for personal use (I assume most players agree that new maps from scratch even if have simple architecture are more interesting than these).
If it's the second thing, then I suggest to add more references to the original area.

And in both cases, more detail, and variation. But don't get me wrong, it looks promising, just need a bit more attention.

If that crusher is not attatched to a wall or anything, you may want to change the area to indoors. It will look odd if the ceiling is just floating in mid air (but if this is based on the original map 06 then it will be atached to a wall, so dont worry about it)

The nuclear wate pit looks kinda bad ;[ But I know you can do better on it, but otherwise it's on a nice start, may need to variate the light DEPENEDING theare, if outside on a star sky, darken it, if day, put at 192-220, and don't forget Transfer Heights for Lights for indoors and you want only a floor or a ceiling to have a different ceiling/floor where one matches the outer rims... If you don't know what I mean, go to:

zdoom.org (Thats if you ARE using for Zdoom)

This project is for zdoom only. seeing as my mate is out of action i need ideas. thanks to vegeta and the other guys for posting. be ruthless if need be...but not too ruthless

Looks like a retexturing work of Map06 with some crates added (btw you need to change the floor texture in the crates to the proper texture).

If that's your idea, I suggest to add more light variation, and extra features. I think you could turn this into a nice Last Man Standing map.

I got rid of the sky in the crusher sector as it looks horrible when i tested it. It aint a copied wad its just that room in particular is the best known feature of the crusher. Also it would be pointless calling the level "the crusher" without a crusher haha. I'll do a few touch ups on what you've said and i'll try and make it skulltag compatible

My opinions :

1. You have the wrong texture for the top of the crates and it looks a bit silly. Try and find the right one!

2. In this picture What is going on with that box of rockets?

3. In this picture what is up with the windows?

Hope it all comes out ok.

To EDEdDNEdDYFaN,
I timed the screenshot wrong for the bars thingy. It's a tagged door so it can open when i walk either over a line, or i go up to the door and press it :)