Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
silent_killa

Whats your favourite doom weapon?

The Shotgun. I like to get in and get out. I've taken down everything possible with the shotgun. (the icon's not possible) SSG's a bit too sloppy for my liking, and the single's vertical-line spread makes it perfect for using behind 32-hight bunkers without risk of sprite-weapon damage.

I like the the plasma rifle. It's just so relaxing to not have to worry about reload time- just a constant stream that plasters your foes into piles on the floor. Next to that I would say the regular shotgun. I always get stingy with my ammunition when I don't know how plentiful it will be, though so far the only game that I haven't had tons of leftover ammo in would be SS2... do you have any idea how much it sucks to play the last two levels with nothing but the crystal shard?

zro, you haven't lived until you take on a cyberdemon or spiderdemon with just the shotgun.

If you edit, make a map with cyberdemon, p1 start, shotgun, 5 boxes of ammo and a backpack. No health, and make it large enough for you to run around him. This is surely an elemental challenge all wannabe doomers must pass?
Now for the spiderdemon, do the same but give your room some pillars, or you'll die.
Somehow, nothing I've ever experienced in computer gaming comes close to beating old iron hoof with just the shotty... :>