Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Doom Wad Station has a new owner

Doom Wad Station has been preserved by the sale of the site to a new owner. The new owner is Jeff Behrend and he hails from Ontario, Canada. Transfer of ownership will take place over the next several days/weeks as Jeff learns more about the site. More details will be forthcoming on the new owner. Keep your eyes open!

Good news for a change. I hope that Jeff will admin it well, and that these two sites can have a friendly relationship. When will the DWS forums be back?

I hope the guy knows he paid for a site that couldn't cost itself. Let's see how the new DWS will look like.

leileilol said:

so it was a publicity stunt huh? Forget you, mother funster

Not hardly. I had no idea if the site would get sold or if the new owner, whoever that was, would keep it intact, or just take the domain and dump the content. It looks like the best of both worlds occurred. He bought the domain AND is keeping the content. I think this is great news.
As for publicity stunts - why would that be necessary? Publicity for a closing site? Isn't that kind of retarded? I would think people would be happy that the content is remaining. Too bad you have conspiracy theories running through your head.

Brad_tilf said:

Not hardly. I had no idea if the site would get sold or if the new owner, whoever that was, would keep it intact, or just take the domain and dump the content. It looks like the best of both worlds occurred. He bought the domain AND is keeping the content. I think this is great news.
As for publicity stunts - why would that be necessary? Publicity for a closing site? Isn't that kind of retarded? I would think people would be happy that the content is remaining. Too bad you have conspiracy theories running through your head.

Preeeeety sure he was being sarcastic.

hardcore_gamer said:

Will he be doing any reviews or just be keeping the site up like it is?

I'm pretty sure once he gets situated that the reviews will continue. I hope to stay involved, possibly doing news and an occasional review. Other members of the site have expressed interest in doing reviews as well, just as they have.

I recieved this email. I appreciate the sentiment. Thanks.

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the many years you have running doomwadstation The Doom community will be different without you.
Thanks again and take care

Wait... you double posted to whore his (or her) personal thanks message?

I never liked that there were no screenshots on the megawad page.

I wish I could figure out why I'm getting that double post thing. For one thing - I don't see it. Never have. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use the quote button or the reply button. Any ideas? Something to do with firefox maybe?

The term "double posting" usually refers to posting two or more posts in succession, instead of editing / expanding the original post. This is not the same as submitting duplicate posts (usually due to buggy submitting).

Double posting is frowned upon.

That seems kind of confusing - it would involve copying the quoted parts of one post and then adding them to the quoted parts of another post and then responding to each. What's the matter with simply quoting the person you're responding to?

Are you worried about the bandwidth or something?

Brad_tilf said:

Even if you're responding to different people using the quote function?

Responding to different people using the quote function can be a bit of a pain, as it involves creating a reply, and then while you're still in reply mode, scrolling to the other post to which you wish to reply, copying and pasting the text into your post, then creating the quote, like so:

Bloodshedder said:

Yes, because it is pointless. Combine them into a single post.

Bloodshedder, you have to agree that while combining replies results in post economy, it is not the most straightforward thing to do. Moreover, it does not save that much disk space. Still, I understand the post etiquette it is intended to achieve.

EDIT: Oops, Bob got his reply in before me. But back on topic, it's good to hear that DWS lives on.

Sheesh, these forums lack a "Add Quote" feature. So when replying, those quotes appear...