Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Doom Wad Station has a new owner

ReX said:

Responding to different people using the quote function can be a bit of a pain, as it involves creating a reply, and then while you're still in reply mode, scrolling to the other post to which you wish to reply, copying and pasting the text into your post, then creating the quote, like so:

Or you can just open the additional "Quote" links in new windows/tabs, copy the quoted text, paste it into your main reply box, then close the extra windows/tabs.

Bloodshedder, you have to agree that while combining replies results in post economy, it is not the most straightforward thing to do. Moreover, it does not save that much disk space. Still, I understand the post etiquette it is intended to achieve.

Saving disk space/bandwidth is not the main objective. The objective is to not look retarded by having 2-5 consecutive posts. It also artificially inflates your post count.

Bloodshedder said:

The objective is to not look retarded by having 2-5 consecutive posts.

Or bumping. :|

printz said:
Or bumping. :|

Yeah, my point was not just about being inept at quoting (which wasn't the excuse here because there was no quoting in the second post... even if it may have been wise to use the quote tags for the message, as well as an attribution), but also that the second post was a random bump posting a private message (bad etiquette there already) supposely to say "hay guys look how they love me, im great!".

If someone sends you a message with thanks or praise, value it in itself, don't use it to make random and dubious points on the Internet.

Jesus myk, he said thank you for the sentiment and that he appreciated the thought. Where the hell is the arrogance?

alexz721 said:
he said thank you for the sentiment and that he appreciated the thought.

If someone thanks you through a private medium (an email or a phone call) do you need to go paste or copy this into some random place in a public area without even attributing the message?

myk said:

If someone thanks you through a private medium (an email or a phone call) do you need to go paste or copy this into some random place in a public area without even attributing the message?

Do people here EVER run out of shit to bitch about?

Brad_tilf said:
Do people here EVER run out of shit to bitch about?

Certainly not yet with you bitching about my post!