Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

Official "I suck at KDIZD help me plz" thread

Okay, so I've exhaustively traversed the behemoth that is Z3, and while I don't quite share Dean's level of exasperation, I really would like to find the secret exit at some point.

I've found 8/11 of the secrets so far, and I'm guessing at least one of the last three has to do with the secret exit. One thing I'm confused about is the lift where you find the Duke in the burning barrel, it says "Lift malfunction, report to engineering..."

Is this consequential at all or am I just reading too much into it? And if so, where exactly is "engineering?"

I don't have the time or energy to do this all by myself, and I've been over an hour on this map already so any hints would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

You get into the secret exit area by finding a slightly color changed tekwall/floor connected to those nukage vats located in a rather dark room in the "dungeons". Other landmarks, include a cargo area, and a bigdoor that you can't open. yeah I know doesn't say a lot. :p

Anyway, hitting that slightly green tekwall will lower a panel in the mirroring room, that hides another switch that opens a small chamber that holds a demon and some stuff and another switch that opens the bigdoor.

All this of course also requires you to find a gazillion other secrets that gives you keys in abundance so you can open the door behind that. But it seems to be that you've already found those. I found them well before I cheated my way into that secret and wondered wth I was finding all these keys that I had no use for. But you do that a lot in KDIZD.

It's a bad thing when the keys to the doors are easier to find than the door for the key. :p

I haven't actually tried this yet, but earlier I IDBEHOLDA'd out of frustration and saw that there was something behind that green tekwall. Of course, I did everything but check the other room after using, shooting, punching, spitting on, and taking a dump on that panel.

I also know where the silver key is but I haven't figured out how to get to it yet. I'll mess around some more though and see what happens. Thanks for the tips in the mean time.

Okay, yeah, got the silver key and then the secret exit.

I still only finished with 10/11 secrets and it occurred to me that I never got to hear Dean's acca pella version of the E1M9 music...just out of curiosity, where exactly was that hidden in Z3?

Kid Airbag said:

I never got to hear Dean's acca pella version of the E1M9 music...just out of curiosity, where exactly was that hidden in Z3?

Nowhere. It's hidden in M9.

Tetzlaff said:

Where can I find the green keycard in Nuclear Plant?

In the very east end of the computer maze, there is a secret room which is also there in the original E1M2.

Tetzlaff said:

Where can I find the green keycard in Nuclear Plant?

If you know E1M2's original secret you should find it.

Kid Airbag said:

I still only finished with 10/11 secrets and it occurred to me that I never got to hear Dean's acca pella version of the E1M9 music...

Did you pick up the TerrorSphere?

Anyway, here's a link to a thread on these forums that discusses how to get all the secrets.

LogicDeLuxe said:

In the very east end of the computer maze, there is a secret room which is also there in the original E1M2.

Graf Zahl said:

If you know E1M2's original secret you should find it.

Well, looks like I don´t know our original e1m2 as good as I should :) I think in the original I only really know the secret in the entrance hall with that switch that opens the door to the outside area.
I´ll search through the computer maze, thanks for the hint.

Once you've opened up that secret passage in the computer room in M3 (the one that leads to the soulsphere in both this and the original), is there a way to get in without rocketjumping?

I don't see any crates anywhere around. We're talking about the same area right? The one you need to disable the security locks to get to?

ReX said:

Did you pick up the TerrorSphere?

Anyway, here's a link to a thread on these forums that discusses how to get all the secrets.

Was that the thing in the outdoor area that was a pain in the ass to jump up to because of the ridiculous slopes? If so then yes, I got that.

TheDarkArchon said:

We are and you need to look harder

Ohh... now I see what you mean. Please excuse my ignorance.

Kid Airbag said:

Was that the thing in the outdoor area that was a pain in the ass to jump up to because of the ridiculous slopes? If so then yes, I got that.

Anyone even found the time to notice that thing before the area was cleared from all monsters?
Might be useful in a second play though, providing you won't be shoot to death while trying to climb those ridiculous slopes.

I would prefer not answering such questions... Leave them searching or giving up. The secret asked above can be found if the searcher knows the original 100%. Also, if a secret level requires 90% completion of everything else, then make it a simple but catchy joke wad, that won't really make the player feel like s/he missed something s/he'll never try again legitly.

Enjay said:

Here are 2 vids I recoreded

How did you make those vids?
Wouldn't it be easier just to record an lmp file?

Enjay said:

Here are 2 vids I recoreded ....

Very cool demos.

Like LogicDeluxe I too am wondering how you did it. Did you use a digital videocamera, or did you record/edit an lmp and then convert to digital video?

Enjay said:

Here are 2 vids I recoreded to help people with 2 Z1M3 secrets that people seem to have trouble with.

First, opening up and making available the secret exit switch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMCFJIRlF48

Next, how to get into the area with the Soul Sphere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Pkc2nFaB8

Only use these if you are so weak that you need someone to hold your hand. ;)

That helped alot.