Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Monsters walking in the ceiling, posible?

I was toying around with Strife and found these robots that walk in the ceiling for a while. Is it posible to pass that codepointer to DOOM, but modify the rest of the behavior?
If so Trites could be a zap to implement (I have some Trite sprites KRoNoS did that are just awesome), or perhaps some updated Aliens map, or what not.

I had such enemies in my Zoow mod. There were some errors in their behaviour, they got stuck in ceiling steps. If the ceiling they tried to move was lower height than the ceiling they were in, they'd get stuck. Going from lower ceiling to higher ceiling had no problems. I was too stupid to make a dropoff code for ceiling... But I guess it's possible and I think it'd be possible to make the monsters be able to walk in the walls too.

There are ceiling hugging missiles in DECORATE (not sure about Eternity DF; I haven't got EDGE). Perhaps copy this behaviour to the sentients, eventually through the help of developpers' development of new port versions?

Having monsters walk on the walls would really require them to have an "above" sprite too (and maybe nessescary vertical rotations too, though Zero Tolerance on the MD got away with just one sprite of the top), which may become annoying. Though for basic small "bug" enemies it would'nt be too hard to do