Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peanut

Sin (not a tc)

Hey everyone. I would like to reveal a project i have been working on. It's a project for GZdoom and it is intended as an atmospheric project. The story takes place on Deimos during an excavation project that has been going on for over 20 years until one day the UAC stumbled upon something like an ancient civilization in the crusts of Deimos. One month after they found the civilization, disturbing things started to happen. The excavation groups found a Temple like structure called "The Library of Nyx". Then UAC got distress signals from the excavation groups, so they called on there military to find out whats going on down in the ancient crusts. Now this is where you come in! Your name, Michel Watson, a.k.a Shadow.

Screen shots

If you know how to map for GZdoom, i would be more then appreciated if you joined into the project :). Also, i would like some voice actors. If anyone would like to participate, just make some voice clips and upload them into a site and I'll download or use my msn address and send them directly to me. My msn address is sonicboy_93@hotmail.com

leileilol said:

And you're really calling this 'SiN'?

eh, i couldn't think of any other good title so i just tagged it as "SiN". Simple and quick.

It doesn't look like a SiN TC, so perhaps maybe you should change it.

The screens look like a nice start, keep up the good work.

Antidote said:

It doesn't look like a SiN TC, so perhaps maybe you should change it.

The screens look like a nice start, keep up the good work.

Please god dont tell me theres something else out there called SiN...

Is it just me, or would these shots look distinctly 1996 if they weren't full of coloured fog and dynamic lights?

deathbringer said:

Is it just me, or would these shots look distinctly 1996 if they weren't full of coloured fog and dynamic lights?

Nope, it isn't just you.

nightmare93 said:

eh, i couldn't think of any other good title so i just tagged it as "SiN". Simple and quick.

Surely that would be SaQ not SiN? ;)

deathbringer said:

Again, not just you. Aside from OpenGL effects, so far these look pretty plain and featureless. A good enough story and the levels look like they are the bare bones of something that could become a decent mod but there still needs to be a lot of work done on them to make them feel like a new, quality mod. Also, that unfogged sky hanging above the red foggy cavern looks wrong.

Enjay said:

Also, that unfogged sky hanging above the red foggy cavern looks wrong.

The second picture stood out more. Try making the blue fog, less foggy? Err... less dense. That's it. Less dense. It contrasts too much with the surrounding area.
And I'm not sure if you can do this, but for the one that Enjay mentioned, use a skybox that is fogged up, that should fix that right up! Since you are emphasizing the fog so much, why not name it FoG instead of SiN?

nightmare93 said:

Your name, Michel Watson, a.k.a Shadow.

Oh, and: I want to be the nameless superhero!!!

1996 is not a bad year for Doom, so I see absolutely no problem if nightmare93 wants to map something that results as looking as a 1996 map. Maybe it will be a bit different than what's released now; who knows? Otherwise, please align that lion on marble on first texture, as soon as possible, and give a reason why that blue water emits blue hues to that column.

Picture 1 reminds me of Quake. Picture 2 looks like original E2M7's outside pitch black polluted patio.

Anyway, keep up. And please follow the style of putting few but powerful monsters on the way; it looks like the kind of map supporting that combination--not hordes of Chaingunners and Shotguys (yick).

I wasn't criticising 1996 styling as such, i quite like maps with primitive detail if they have fun gameplay (like the first DSV).

What i DON'T like is maps with simple primitive detail crammed with fancy GL effects in an attempt to "cover up" the ugliness.

I would say the first and third screenshots are the best out of the lot and if nightmare93 could do more of the same, this could prove to be more interesting. That GSTLION texture is screen 1 needs to be inset or somethin' IMHO.... otherwise it looks weird.

deathbringer said:

What i DON'T like is maps with simple primitive detail crammed with fancy GL effects in an attempt to "cover up" the ugliness.

Which is exactly what this map looks like it's doing.

Try to ease off on the fog, or make the surrounding area have some light fog so the transition isn't so rough.

About the ugliness of the detail, I'm fixing that. I finished the first map weeks ago and never got back on it but now i am. The map is pretty big and most of it is cavern / cave style so you can imagine the time it will take to finish off the detail and caverns and caves are pretty large. Plus GZdoom makes the textures seem plain but it has some features i need.

All those pics, except the second one (like said before, too much contrast), look very nice. I would sure want to play this WAD when it's finished.

Looks like an good start I quite like the great cave screenshots the fog really adds to the atmosphere altough you still need to improve on that.

And it needs to look more like an cave more detail in those areas with more height differences some cracks in the ceiling/floor, rocky ledges in the walls rocky platforms for monsters.

The first screenshot is rather impressive, but they get a little worse each time as you go down. Fog is nice and all, but don't let it distract you from great detail like in the first shot.

Bank said:

The first screenshot is rather impressive, but they get a little worse each time as you go down. Fog is nice and all, but don't let it distract you from great detail like in the first shot.

Why is everyone crazed over the first shot? I wanna know.