Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
danarchist

Consoles and such...

Pfffffft, post-1995 consoles. Mwahahahahaha.

Ditt-fucking-O...I made this post out of spite...there is actualy a story behing this, but I won't bore you all with it...

well lets see, i can choose a console or my computer, which is possesed by satan himself. i will just stick with my beloved dreamcast.

/me hugs dreamcast

dont worry, daddy will never leave you

I love my PC (when it isn't acting up), but I can buy a console for cheaper than a new GeForce 3 (and a Dreamcast is only $50 now). I prefer not to choose between them, I see the benefits of both. As for which console I prefer, I would have to say Game Cube for the moment. All have their fair share of good games, but the Game Cube is actually able to boast the portability of the PS1 now that an attachable screen has been released.

You see, I posted this because my 'friend' just sold me a faulty DC...this threw me back into my depression, got me to do some soul searching, etc. and the end result:

I have renounced consoles for good. Viva la PC!

PCs! fps just don't feel right on consoles, though they are good for when a friend comes over *living room deathmatch*!

PCs! fps just don't feel right on consoles, though they are good for when a friend comes over *living room deathmatch*!

I fully agree. I think that making keyboard/mouse adaptors for consoles should be a much more common practice if they plan on puting FPS's on the machines. Then again, most people who buy consoles do so for the adventure/rpg games that are released for them. At least that's what I've seen.

each has it's own strengths, a console is great for gaming in a comfortable non-fuss way, but what happens when you want to start making your own levels, going on the net, downloading pwads and barking at the other lost souls on dworld forums? heh, heh, pcs will alwys own in the end...

Sorry, Cren, but thats just such a cool saying...

Consoles are good for one thing. Parties. Plug in any racing game, fighting game, or Mario Party, and tere will be fun for hours. But thats about it.

Well, I did get to play GTA3 last night...muahaha. Basicaly any game that gives you free reign in a city is fun in my books. I heard its coming out/has come out for PC though. If this is true, I'm so getting it.

Of the new consoles, I love my Dreamcast ^_^ some games you can get for $5 *cough*Super Magnetic Neo(aka 'stoned magnet dude')*cough* and like it's older sibling the Saturn, you don't need a freakin' mod-chip for imports ^_^. DC, Saturn... my two favorite consoles. And Fur Fighters is a fairly good FPS. Fight with stuffed animals? With big guns? ^__^ Veeery interesting for deathmatches.... (and this isn't a 'furry' thing... it's a good game)

Well, I did get to play GTA3 last night...muahaha. Basicaly any game that gives you free reign in a city is fun in my books. I heard its coming out/has come out for PC though. If this is true, I'm so getting it.

That shouldn't be too hard, it's Unreal-engined...

I remember the days when a playstation was considered flawless and nothing compared to it. Now no one even knows what the best console is, they all got negative shit to them. Therefore as long as the pc doesn't crash I'll stick with it, and if it will crash I still have my old psx and doom for it.

I remember when the Atari 2600 was state of the art. Sure, I was really little, but I did get to play a few games... Pitfall ^.^.... I haven't played it for nearly my entire lifespan ;_;. And I remember being wowed by the pwetty colors the SNES displayed when it first came out... at that time, really never heard much of the Genesis.... ironically I was raised on Nintendo, but I still like Sega more ^_- and not just for foxies and hedgehogs. Vectorman.... NiGHTs into Dreams.... Rocket Knight Adventures.... *sighs*

ahh yes, good ol' atari days. I used to love those 50 in 1 game cartriges. Then I progressed to a 486 and first played doom. The atari was gone in like a week.

I still love my Saturn to death! Thankfully there's some available fairly easily online in case mine goes the way of my Playstation (i.e. DIES!). Fairly inexpensive games from near to far! Hell, I even have a PAL game (Panzer Dragoon) that I got for $7 from England! Yay ^_^.... and there's Rayforce... aka some-stupid-name-they-made-up-in-the-US.... Raystorm's one of my PSX games I miss playing the most ;_; not the best arcade transition, but the soundtrack's a KILLER! Rayforce is it's daddy ^_^ I think Raycrisis was the third of the series... haven't played it though. Hmmph.

Huh. I always lived in a console-free house. My first system was a Commadore 64. I was 5, typing several lines of command to get one game to run...damn, no wonder I'm a computer nerd.

I got a Game Boy when I was about 12, and my first actual console, a 64, was obtained earlier this year.

All the consoles I've ever owned:

Atari 2600
NES
Genesis (with 32X)
PS1
Game Boy
GBA

I voted the "fuck consoles" option. Ever since I really started playing DOOM about 4 years ago, I've hardly ever approached a console. The only real purpose I see for them is for those that have very little or no literacy with computers.

My first system was a Commadore 64. I was 5, typing several lines of command to get one game to run.

Heh, I know what you mean. It wasn't half as bad on the Commodore 128 my mom got when I was 1 year old. I do remember having to type something like "LOAD...,8,1..." stuff like that. Had it not been for my idiot dad, I probably would be a DOS wizard by now.

Hell, I used to use something called a BBC at school. We're talking writing out each line of a program like such;
10 o.
20 p.
30 If 2=S* GOTO END
40 Elseif "New Game y/n?"
etc. etc.
It was similar to the OPL language used on early psions. Talk about ancient...

Hell, I used to use something called a BBC at school. We're talking writing out each line of a program like such;
10 o.
20 p.
30 If 2=S* GOTO END
40 Elseif "New Game y/n?"
etc. etc.
It was similar to the OPL language used on early psions. Talk about ancient...

Kinda sounds like fukked up Basic.