Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YMB

An Interesting Challenge

So, you've played E1 a million times, right? And you've downloaded countless "Enhancements" to iD's originals... now, try this: a DIY "dehancement!"

Using a wad editor, select the entire level. Change ceiling & floor textures to F_SKY1. Then, clear the textures of every linedef, front and back, main, above, and below. And don't forget to check "Never map!"

So, how well do you REALLY know Doom?

Better yet, play with your monitor turned off, and in nightmare mode.

Better yet, play with your monitor turned off, and in nightmare mode, during the middle of the night with all of your lights off.

MegaZzZeux said:

Better yet, play with your monitor turned off, and in nightmare mode, during the middle of the night with all of your lights off.

With sounds off.

Jodwin said:

With sounds off.

Don't you have to be one with the Force to be able to do that? :p

Better yet, play with your monitor turned off, and in nightmare mode, during the middle of the night with all of your lights off. With sounds off, wearing a blindfold.

Better yet, play with your monitor turned off, in nightmare mode, during the middle of the night with all of your lights off. With sounds off, wearing a blindfold, with no arms.

Better yet, play with your monitor turned off, in nightmare mode, during the middle of the night with all of your lights off. With sounds off, wearing a blindfold, with no arms, or legs.

Uh...I was just lurking...honest. Please, continue, by no means did I want to interrupt you.

udderdude said:

Better yet, play with your monitor turned off, in nightmare mode, during the middle of the night with all of your lights off. With sounds off, wearing a blindfold, with no arms, or legs.

At this point it would be best to turn off your computer and jump off a cliff, because there is nothing left for you in this world.

Better yet, play with your monitor turned off, in nightmare mode, during the middle of the night with all of your lights off. With sounds off, wearing a blindfold, with no arms or legs, while being punched in the face by John Cena.

Better yet, run the wad with MSPaint.

Da_Shankster said:

Better yet, play with your monitor turned off, in nightmare mode, during the middle of the night with all of your lights off. With sounds off, wearing a blindfold, with no arms or legs, while being punched in the face by John Cena.

I can't even play it on Nightmare with my monitor turned on, during the day, with sounds on, with nothing obstructing my vision and all my limbs attached. And without anyone punching me.

Antidote said:

At this point it would be best to turn off your computer and jump off a cliff, because there is nothing left for you in this world.

Yes, but impossible due to having no legs to jump with :(. I hope I never lose all my arms and legs so I don't have to think of some unconventional way to masturbate.

This reminds me of when I thought it was interesting to look in a mirror on the wall that happened to be positioned to see the monitor while playing doom2 (mirrored levels). But obviously it would be better to just horizontally flip the levels in a level editor.

I think this is one of the few occurrences where it's acceptable to state "get a life" while being a member of a forum about a 13+ year old game, and an active player at that, too.

Maes said:

I think this is one of the few occurrences where it's acceptable to state "get a life" while being a member of a forum about a 13+ year old game, and an active player at that, too.

Why?

dutch devil said:

Play doom while an girl is giving you an blowjob.

Eh, at that time I'd have more important things to be doing than playing Doom.

printz said:

Why?

Hmm...let's see...maybe because of an entirely hypothetical and rather improbable use of a certain 13+ old game that needs quite other things to keep challenging and fresh?

dutch devil said:

Play doom while an girl is giving you an blowjob.

What if she has unclosed sectors. O_o

Maes said:

Hmm...let's see...maybe because of an entirely hypothetical and rather improbable use of a certain 13+ old game that needs quite other things to keep challenging and fresh?

That's the only game I have which uses respawning as it should.

Just play Doom on -fast or Nightmare!.

Or fine then. Get a life. Do other things while Doom self-records and plays demos. You'll see how stuff become challenging.

gggmork said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure inside every vagina is John Romero's head on a stick.

So then that would mean that all of humankind is really a horde of dumb revenants which learned how to speak?