Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janizdreg

Does New Doom ban Doomworld users?

Kaiser said:

I lost my hosted newdoom site after wmull found out that I was moderating the doom3 forums at DW. That pretty much explains itself.

obviously the internets are such serious business you need to remember where your loyalties lie :p

I was a newb in the doom community when all this was happening, and I was on Newdoom at the time. i didn't know what side to be on.

I wasnt a newb and didnt have a clue what side was which, I was just angry at the wholesale banning of good members and mass deletion of interesting threads. It seemed that whenever a good argument got started the thread would just get closed or vanish and if you opened a similar one your ass was banned.

mystic said:

I wasnt a newb and didnt have a clue what side was which, I was just angry at the wholesale banning of good members and mass deletion of interesting threads. It seemed that whenever a good argument got started the thread would just get closed or vanish and if you opened a similar one your ass was banned.

yet they let that retarded "5 word story" thread go on for months. It's bullshit.

Most of the threads on NewDoom are like "post your best penis fart!" or something. It's like walking into a lobotomy clinic.

I've had my account banned there before, but my current one has been doing fine. Probably just because Phoebus hasn't noticed it, though. The Newdoom forums aren't actually that bad. It's the ZDoom and Skulltag forums that I make a point of keeping away from.

Csonicgo said:

yet they let that retarded "5 word story" thread go on for months. It's bullshit.

And it's numerous re-incarnations too. That made the whole thing last about a year. I dunno, it just seems like there's very litle worth posting there for. Hardly any of the olde regulars show up anymore.

mystic said:

no, I dont think phoebus would ban anyone just for visiting doomworld, there is actually a rule on newdoom to stop any flaming against doomworld.

I thought it was you who brought jenblaze to ND. Are you Plonker and why are you talking to yourself? :p As a matter of fact, I knew you went out of your way to get banned, just like this Plonker says he did. Heh. Anyhow there is no set rule on ND, it's just me trying to keep the peace. I haven't seen anybody say anything I would consider flamebait about Doomworld in ages. Nor have I seen a lot of negative crap about ND on here, except when one of these kinds of threads appears.

Csonicgo said:

Ninja_of_DooM said:

And it's numerous re-incarnations too. That made the whole thing last about a year. I dunno, it just seems like there's very litle worth posting there for. Hardly any of the olde regulars show up anymore.

Yes 5 word story was crap but it could have been good for a laugh. I was glad when it finally got toasted. That was back in 2004 or something, so why are we dredging up all this old shit?

Danarchy said:

Most of the threads on NewDoom are like "post your best penis fart!" or something. It's like walking into a lobotomy clinic.

What are you talking about?

Doom Dude said:

I haven't seen anybody say anything I would consider flamebait about Doomworld in ages. Nor have I seen a lot of negative crap about ND on here, except when one of these kinds of threads appears.

That pretty much sums it up. There is no forum rivalry, except maybe in the heads of a few individuals. I use both sites quite happily and have done for some years now.

Planky said:

Those forums died when dn was banned.

I can go one better, the day that the entire of MGON assploded when dn was banned.

newdoom? pfffttt.... who the hell goes to newdoom?

I mean seriously, didnt that place die or something?

logidoom said:

newdoom? pfffttt.... who the hell goes to newdoom?

I mean seriously, didnt that place die or something?

No.

Newdoom is used quite regularly by much of the Doom community.

Yes Doom_Dude, I am Plonker, I had forgotten my password for mystic so made a new account but as you can see I managed to track down my precious password now.

I still pop over to newdoom sometimes just to keep up to date with legacy and see what projects are on the go. I have noticed that there are now a couple of forums specially for the sort of arguments that got me banned, politics and religion, so there has been progress.

zarkyb said:

Newdoom is used quite regularly by much of the Doom community.

The toilet is also used quite regularly by much of the doom community.

well, thankfully they dont use my toilet, a scary thought. I hope they remember to flush

darknation said:

The toilet is also used quite regularly by much of the doom community.

But not enough.