Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Knee-deep-in zdoom problems

When i finish a level. I can't get out of the intermisson screen! Also, how can i skip levels? The standard idclev cheat just takes my to the levels from the Ultimate doom.

For skipping levels, you need to enter the console and type "map z1m2" (and so forth)

MikeRS said:

For skipping levels, you need to enter the console and type "map z1m2" (and so forth)

Why did the KDiZD team decide to put their levels in a weird place like Z1?

yomoneyboat said:

Why did the KDiZD team decide to put their levels in a weird place like Z1?

Because it makes more sense that way.

And make sure you are using ZDoom, and have the latest version. Oh and don't forget to use The Ultimate Doom (doom.wad).

Are you using noclipping? If so, that will break the map.

If not, use the movement keys to select which action to be taken (a small bit of text in the bottom left of the screen says things like "view stats for player" etc). Keep using the up/down keys until it says "continue forward", "view time report" etc and press the use key (space or whatever you have bound to open doors etc).

MikeRS said:

While this method will allow the player to go to the next (or any other) level, it will have the following disadvantages:

1. The individual map stats will not get accumulated, and the player will not reach the super-secret Map Z1M10 in the normal way. [Of course, if the console is being used, this is not a true problem, unless the player is unaware that there is a super-secret map.]
    2. The player will be forced to start each map with a pistol. Although some players will enjoy the challenge, it detracts from the experience of playing an "Episode", and then feels like playing individual maps separately.
I think hardcore_gamer's problem has to do with not knowing how to use the controls for the intermission screen. [I don't blame him, as the wad came with no documentation on it, and the controls are not intuitive.] Enjay's instructions ought to work for him.

ReX said:

Enjay's instructions ought to work for him.

Even though, now that I read them back to myself, I clearly got distracted half way through typing them and they don't make as much sense as they should. :/

Your first problem may have been caused by an 'unique' binding of keys. For the arrow keys to work, they have to be assigned to up= fowards, down = backwards, etc.
To navigate through the intermission you have to use your movement keys then use the use button (if that doesn't work, try fire). If this does not help and this was not already said, just post back.
EDIT
oh yeah, i forgot. The intermission screen has some options for you (they are not shown more than one at a time) and you need to select which one you want. There is a next level option.