Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pete The Padre

New Project! (beta testers needed!)

Hello!

I've just got started on a new Project.
It's a Techbase-themed Map and will be pretty old school'd since that's the kind of gameplay I like to play myself.

Comment Theme/enviorment please :) all comments and critique is appriciated!

Note: The Room in the 2'nd Picture guards a Bfg9k in it.
And I'm trying to make it Extremely hard to get to it and come out in one pieace. So I'm making this as a challenge to all of you who plays the map! Will you Solve it? If you do, or die trying please comment this too upon completion of the Map.

UPDATE: Allright! The map is fixed and its up for grabs again!
Give it a whirl and post comments! Remember this is only a beta so there will be some areas that has not been adressed yet(empty rooms etc,) The map is "#finish-able" though.
(only tested with Zdoom)

Get the file here!
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=Database_3.rar
(Database#3.Rar)

Picture 1: Lobby (Updated)

Picture 2: Holding Area for the BFG 9k (Updated)

Picture 3: Part of Lobby and Walkway (Updated)

#Update
Three More pictures added!

Picture 4: Waste Processing Area #1

Picture 5: The Manafold

#Update:
Five more pictures added!

Picture 7: Outside the Complex

Picture 8: Waste Processing Area #2

Picture 9: Waste Processing Area #3

Picture 10: Storage Area #2

Picture 11: The Core

More Pictures will be posted Soon!

Yeah i know the bfg sign is a tad spicy, it will probably be removed

About the open areas, that will be filled in eventually, I'm only at basic's yet

the iron hitman said:

try and make the BFG in a key accessed room, but make the key for that door hidden as a secret. That would be far better. otherwise good screenshots!

Accually that's pretty much whats intended. only it won't be that easy in just finding the key. you will need more than that to get past this little baby

lol so it was a bit of a pointless post saying what i said :S. Anyway your using doombuilder right? maybe i could use a few of my maps (for a project that one of my mates dropped out of and has a bleak future) to use in the WAD. Just in case i need to postpone my project. Whaddya say?

Okay! Time for an update!

The wad is coming along nicely. I have some thoughts weather the Bfg will be too hard to access or not, but then again most of you are very brainy so I think it will be just fine. Allthough I do not think it will be to easy.

Speaking of which, I removed the "floorsign" outside the Bfg room for those who found it a bit tacky(including myself).
I also added 3 more screens for those who didn't notice.
So the updated picture of the "Bfg Holding area" and the new screens are up, more will come as I progress!

PS. Yes I know, I doubleposted. allow me to give myself a slap in the face so you don't have to. I don't se why ppl get so upset about it anyway.

lookin good so far. if you need beta testers, I'm down to give it a whirl when your ready.

Yes indeed i will need quite a few of them!
But im only about 25/30% done yet so no testing is needed right now.

Just keep watching those screens for now and comment on everything!

It looks like an okay map so far. I played on UV up to the point where I get the blue key. After I got the blue key, I couldn't find anywhere else to go to. The only new place to go is through the red door but I can't find a red key.

the red key is in the "waste processing area" so is the yellow, and you most likely need the yellow key to unlock the bfg or you will be monsterfood

but how do you get the red key when you can't access the area it's in without the red key? the only way to that area is with the red key.

other than that, at least for that first room, some lighting variation might help.

just out of curiousisty, why are there pain floors in that first room anyway? I could see if the blood river in that hell area caused pain, but why those red dash marks on the floor?

well some of the equippment in the map is suppose t obe radious, so if you step too close to them you get burned or something like that, im getting confused about the red key, you should be able to reach the red key, it is not behind a red door, If i didnt make some misstake but i dont think so, did you find the yellow one?

I used noclip and I walked around your whole level. I see where all of the keys are, but VileSlay and I have not been able to reach the red key without cheats. I just looked at your map in an editor, and you put the red key in the dark maze, which all comes AFTER the red door. We can't get to the red key without going through the red door, unless there is some secret way?

I think your map would be fixed if you switched the location of the red and blue keys. Make the red key in hell and the blue key in the dark maze, then I think it will work.

Okay! UPDATE TIME!

I've just got home and so I test-played the map again and the problem was the player 1 start location, which was missplaced, so this is fixed now and the download of the map is avaliable again so please try it out everyone!
Remember its just Beta.

Pete The Padre said:

(only tested with Zdoom)

Actually, it only works in Zdoom based ports, because of a few line types and a few textures used as flats.

Its pretty good. The BFG is a little confusing to get, and how do you get out of the room after youve gotten it anyway?

EANB said:

Its pretty good. The BFG is a little confusing to get, and how do you get out of the room after youve gotten it anyway?

well if i told you that it would'nt be a challange now would it? ;)

I recently got the munchies to finnish this damn wad, but the link to the file i uploaded a while back is broken, and i dont have it on my computer anymore! if anyone remember they downloaded it please send it over to me so i can finish it! it would be much appriciated :)