• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

My site is open!

hardcore_gamer said:

It is'nt the best website in the world

Hey, you said it, not me.

The design is brilliant, I love it (bookmarks it).

Bloodshedder said:

You live in Iceland but don't know Icelandic?

If that was suppose to be Icelandic then that guy need to learn how to spell.

Hmm...it uses "a with umlaut", and the verb "aer" appears in Swedish, so it's likely an interesting attempt at testing Swedish mutual intelligibility with Icelandic (even I could understand that meant "Are you (an) Icelander?"). Not very successful though :-(

I was wondering if the language in your website is islandic, though since i could understand most of it i figured you would understand swedish, but i guess icelandic ppl arent so bright....my bad
hope i did not offend anyone! gees...

"so it's likely an interesting attempt at testing Swedish mutual intelligibility with Icelandic "

Maes is so smart, can i marry your brain? pretty please?

EANB said:

Okay.. but why is it only about a quarter in english?

It adds PIZZAZZ!

It is a bit odd that most of the site is Icelandic while there are a few tabs in English stuck in the middle. Cool theme though.

Maes said:

(even I could understand that meant "Are you (an) Icelander?")

Or, rather, "Is that Icelandic?"

Hmm, okay, black background, white text...at least there aren't huge pictures and background music all over the place.

Pete The Padre said:

heheheheheheheheh

Also, I miss those ad-free websites with white background, Times New Roman text, sometimes red, and an inflated DoomGate logo in a corner, which leads where.

Who has ever signed a guestbook?

Me asks what the point of this site is.

Bank said:

Who has ever signed a guestbook?

Me asks what the point of this site is.

To show off his levels for the Doom series? Seems like a good enough point to me :P.

lupinx-Kassman said:

To show off his levels for the Doom series? Seems like a good enough point to me :P.

Oh it makes so much sense, it's not like we have Doomworld and idgames or anything.

I always assumed you had to have a certain level of quality before you got a site.

Pete The Padre said:

I get about 70 proposals a month, so enter the queue :-)

And...the site needs one of those 1996-1997 "under construction" yellow workmen .gifs, which usually meant "I am too lazy to actual build the page so I put this workman icon here to make me appear pro and important" :-)

Bank said:

Oh it makes so much sense, it's not like we have Doomworld and idgames or anything.

I always assumed you had to have a certain level of quality before you got a site.

Now thats just wrong. Just because someone may be bad at mapping or making websites doesn't mean that they don't deserve's having one.
I think he has plenty of reason to open a website just to share his wads and maybe share to the world about the greatness that he think is Doom. Don't step on the little guy! Pete The Padre gets mad.

Pete The Padre said:

Now thats just wrong. Just because someone may be bad at mapping or making websites doesn't mean that they don't deserve's having one.

That's exactly what the internet is all about : it gives the possibility to any noname average random grunt, who would otherwise stay a noname average random grunt, to open his own website, among other things. It also enables said random, nameless, unimportant, ignorant etc. etc. grunt to voice his opinion about things he doesn't know jack on the same level with the most respected expert, something that quite doesn't happen in real life.

Also, it allows other random and equally ignorant/unimportant/lowly etc. grunts to "e-mail" him unintelligent blattering such as "You're sight [sic] sux get a life u wanker I now go to jack off byeeee".

Ah, Internet....you and your millions of wonders :-)

Maes said:

That's exactly what the internet is all about: it gives the possibility to any noname average random grunt, who would otherwise stay a noname average random grunt, to open his own website, among other things. It also enables said random, nameless, unimportant, ignorant etc. etc. grunt to voice his opinion about things he doesn't know jack on the same level with the most respected expert, something that quite doesn't happen in real life.

My head hurts...

dutch devil said:

Well the quality of the site does match the quality of his maps.

That was mean.

Pete The Padre said:

My head hurts...

The internets just ownz0r3d j00 then, if you're head hurts :-)

Bank said:

Hmm, maybe I should re-think my site as well then...:\

Bank said:

I couldn't stop laughing after that. Seriously.

Maes said:
It also enables said random, nameless, unimportant, ignorant etc. etc. grunt to voice his opinion about things he doesn't know jack on the same level with the most respected expert, something that quite doesn't happen in real life.

If only that were really true... (but then again, if it were, it would also be problematic).

EANB said:

Okay.. but why is it only about a quarter in english?

Tormentor667's website also has pages in German language.

Bank said:

LoL. Ouch.