Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mithral_Demon

What Textures would make good add ons to a Base/Laboratory theme?

I'm not sure what textures would be of use, even SkullTag textures, I just can't tell what'd make it look good, or so to say.

I can tell what Techno textures look like, but I am not so colour coordinate amonsgt good enhancements.

Personally, I'd say if you're not sure what would look good and you're not color coordinated, stick with the original textures. If you're mapping for doom1, you have all the e1 and e2 textures, and if you're mapping for doom2, you have lots of great techbase textures like metal2, tekgren, bronze, etc.

How about trying to map for that rather interesting Doom-based game called Strife? This is more of a wish of mine, because there are only two single-player Strife maps, both by one author. Strife itself as levels is made by base/laboratories, so it should be natural to make such for the game. Not to mention it's something different to Doom. It has compilable scripts. Here's a link to a compiler with a guide: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=13922

Good luck.

Edit: good add-ons you say? Like texture packs? What I noticed on searching "texture pack" on Doomworld's title? Here's an example: Malice. Because it takes a lot of my time, I'd leave it to you to browse the packs. Download by opening them directly, then on the zip, open them with "Edit with XWE". The XWE site is hosted by Doomworld.

in the id software files section, theres a graphics pack called
bio-tech or some thing like that. The graphics in that .wad make great technology/laboratory themed .wads theres plenty of graphics to choose from. I tried them and they pwn. I beleive theres even some
"base" graphics.

Check for "The Afterglow" in the list of Doomworlds Hosted sites. It has plenty of useful texture wads. For example, the textured wad with all of those recolored doom2 textures. Get NB5TEXD2.WAD. Many, many good textures. Many are base like. Heh, you may recognize a good few in there too!