Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Sony officially on drugs; No "real" price drop for PS3

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26704
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26702

Wow. So, Sony advertises on TV and E3 that the model that is currently available will be reduced by $100, only to say... they won't be made anymore?

WTF Sony? First they lower the price, then they just stop making 60 GB models?

I can just hear the marketing execs now...

"Wow! Sales have been less shitty since we lowered the price on the PS3! That means people are willing to do whatever it takes to get one! I got an idea, let's raise the price back to $599 and remove functionality, bundle it with MotorStorm, and call it an upgrade thanks to an 80 GB HDD! truly the best console on the market!"

Discuss.

You could not pay me to play that thing, every one I know including my daughter has had problems with sony products, heh, my daughter said my PS2 has trouble loading the games, then she asked for another one for christmas! I said no way, you have a PC, play games on that...
Geuss I'm not a sony fan...

Sony makes a lot of reliable quality products. But no brand is perfect.

GGG said:

Sony makes a lot of reliable quality products. But no brand is perfect.

They used to, in the 90s. I know people who've owned a myriad of Sony products, from game consoles, TVs and portable CD players. The PS2s stopped reading DVDs first then games altogether. This isn't just one PS2, at least 6. The slim-line PS2s are of better quality. The Sony TV started with a weird colored spot on the bottom of the screen, eventually it flooded a fist-sized portion of the corner. The TV was less than a year old. They bought ANOTHER Sony TV and it just stops working one day. Less than a year after they bought it. Don't get me started on their portable CD players...

I just visited some PS3 fan forums, and most of the fanboys there seem like they're ready to throw in towel. If you know anything about the rationality of PS3 fans, that's saying a lot.

Naked Snake said:

They used to, in the 90s.

Now that I think about it, most of my Sony products are 8 years old.

Naked Snake said:

Don't get me started on their portable CD players...

Only bad things that happened to my Sony CD Walkmans (Walkmen?) were being stolen and getting left behind in a rental car.

AndrewB said:

I just visited some PS3 fan forums, and most of the fanboys there seem like they're ready to throw in towel. If you know anything about the rationality of PS3 fans, that's saying a lot.

I know a PS3 fanboy who doesn't think the 60 GB PS3s are going away.

I've owned a PS1 and PS2 for many years, with hundreds of hours logged in on both, and the two of them still work great with no skipping/unreadable disc problems at all. Sony's big screw-up with the PS3, in my opinion, is the outlandish price--anybody remember the ridiculously overpriced 3DO?

Come on Xbox 360 port of Metal Gear Solid 4....

AndrewB said:

This would be a solid observation if it weren't coming from a nintendo fanboy.

TheCupboard said:

Well Resistance: Fall of Man kills ass so I'm good for now with a PS3 :P.

When the console becomes like a more mediocre version of the Gamecube and actually only has one game that's slightly playable, you'll find that statement interesting.

PS3 = lol

I laughed at the people who bought them the opening day, and I'm still laughing. What a huge waste of money.

Sigh

I really dont understand their reasoning.

Danarchy said:

PS3 = lol

I laughed at the people who bought them the opening day, and I'm still laughing. What a huge waste of money.

Anyone who did that deserves the junk they bought.

Captain Red said:

Come on Xbox 360 port of Metal Gear Solid 4....

There'll be one in a bout a year or so, just like with MGS2.