Unreal Tournament 3

Did you...  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Did you...

• Jizz in your pants
    • Shit in your pants
    • Jizz AND shit in your pants
    • Look at your Voodoo2 and cry
    • Not watch the video in your lifelong struggle not to be impressed by anything
    • Slap Bucket around a bit with a large trout

Doom 3 vs. Half-Life 2
Halo 3 vs. Killzone 2
Forza 2 vs. Gran Turismo 5

People have been bickering about visual quality for some time now. I'm sorry, nothing holds a candle to Unreal Tournament 3. The graphics in this game are just ridiculous. Photorealism is definitely on par with anything out there, but it still takes a back seat to artistic design and eye candy (which blows everything else out of the water). I thought I had to get Vista-ready for Crysis-- well screw that. Check out the HD trailer below.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21491.html

Actually, I'm getting Crysis too...

I've always liked the UT series, I just hope they haven't sacrificed blistering speed for visuals. The last few games looked pretty good for their generation, but were optimized to run well on many computers. I'm also worried they shrunk the maps to make them playable. If they can keep the game playable, with large maps and still have great visuals, I'm set. Not that my computer could run this in a million years. :)

I have bin waiting for this game for years.....and my nvidia 8800 gtx card is going to make the wait a worth wile! I mean i played UT 2004 for a year or more! And that was just in single player! (Multiplay sucked ass!)

EDIT: NOVEMBER!!!!!! SHIT WHY DO THEY TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THER GAMES 3 FREAKEN YEARS BEFORE THEY RELEASE THEM

Lame

Whats even more lame is that UT3 is going to have Microsoft live imbedded into its multiplayer feature. Which means the user will have to pay to either host or join a server.

But who cares, overhyped multiplayer fps games are pure shit anyways.

UT was the only deathmatch game that I ever really liked, and oh boy it delivers. I'm quite looking foward to UT3.

Kaiser said:

Lame

Whats even more lame is that UT3 is going to have Microsoft live imbedded into its multiplayer feature. Which means the user will have to pay to either host or join a server.

But who cares, overhyped multiplayer fps games are pure shit anyways.

fuck you microsoft! Really, it is beyond my how they can take something people have bin getting for free for more than a decade and start to charge people for it! It started on the xbox and i did'n care, but when people expect me to pay for multiplayer on the pc and even try to force my to upgrade to vista simply by taking things you take for granted and make them vista only even if they would work perfectly on the xp.
direcx 10 is vista only and i can live with that, but i simply refuse to accept it when microsoft takes away my multplayer and says: If you want multiplayer you will have to upgrade to vista, and once you have done that you will have to pay for it also! Well fuck you i ain't listening to such nonsense!

The first Unreal Tournament is still one of my all time favourite games. Didn't think much of 2003 and 2004 though. Maybe this one will be better.

Also, I think they've forgotten how to count. Shouldn't that be Unreal Tournament 4?

Stealthy Ivan said:

Unreal and UT were all show and no go...

Care to back that up with any evidence/reasoning/useful thoughts whatsoever?

Unreal and UT were excellent.

However I gave up on UT when 2003 came out. I've tried 2003 and 2004, but I just didnt get along with them. They took it in a direction I didnt really like, so eh.

I still play, and occasionally mod for UT. It was a cracking game. UT2003/4 got it very wrong IMO. A deathmatch game with crappy weapons? What's the point?

UT2003 was a mess. It felt more like a rushed knock off of Quake 3 with weak weaponry than UT. I felt really cheated when I first heard about UT2004 after purchasing UT2003 launch day. When I finally got a chance to play it, however, I saw just how necessary the revision was. While it was much the same as 2003, they fixed and added quite a few new things such as better game modes, really cool vehicles and new weapons. Not to mention the great mods that started pouring out.

I just hope they don't pull a 2003 on us again and deliver a subpar tournament game. That would kill it for me, IMO.

Stealthy Ivan said:
Unreal and UT were all show and no go...

I'd say UT would be my favorite DM game other than (obviously) DOOM II. Unreal itself was fun, actually (I'll take it over Quake 2, but maybe not Quake).

DooMAD said:

The first Unreal Tournament is still one of my all time favourite games. Didn't think much of 2003 and 2004 though. Maybe this one will be better.

Also, I think they've forgotten how to count. Shouldn't that be Unreal Tournament 4?

I agree. The first UT was a blast to play and was even pretty fun with bots. I even liked it better than Quake 3. As for UT 3 I think I can skip it and not be bothered.

fraggle said:
This? I'm not seeing what's so impressive.

I had problems with that GT video too, but this seems to be it:

Wow... could UT3 actually have a decent single-player mode? The trailer does imply it... although we all know that's not why you buy UT3.

I can't wait for UT3; the graphics don't need to compete with anything to look good and it looks like its heading in the right direction than 2k3/4: the art direction is a lot darker, the animation/movement feels faster and more viscereal, etc. I can't wait to try the demo.

yomoneyboat said:
Wow... could UT3 actually have a decent single-player mode? The trailer does imply it... although we all know that's not why you buy UT3.

yeah they said a while back that they were ditching the usual ladder mode with a more campaign-mode with sp-only maps. How much the gameplay differs has yet to be seen though.

DooMAD said:

They changed it because its supposed to represent the 3rd generation of UT.

myk said:

I had problems with that GT video too

Did you guys try the flash version. If youtube works for you, then so should that.

On topic, that looks alright, but no way in hell am I upgrading my hardware and using Vista for it.

exp(x) said:

On topic, that looks alright, but no way in hell am I upgrading my hardware and using Vista for it.

Uh, UT3 will be XP compatible as well.

TheDarkArchon said:

UT3 will be XP compatible as well.

OK, well I'm not going to use XP, either.

TheDarkArchon said:

Well, there'll be Mac OS and Linux flavours as well.

What's your source for that information?

If Midway published the Mac version of UT 2004, it's fair to assume there's going to be a Mac version of this one.

exp(x) said:
If youtube works for you, then so should that.

In my case the main issue is the high resolution, although perhaps the WM version was also streaming badly (I refuse to upgrade over WMP v6.4).

But I saw enough of it to notice that movie I posted is another one.

DooMAD said:

If Midway published the Mac version of UT 2004, it's fair to assume there's going to be a Mac version of this one.

While it is true that there was a linux (even 64-bit) version of UT2K4, you can't really assume anything.

exp(x) said:

While it is true that there was a linux (even 64-bit) version of UT2K4, you can't really assume anything.

of course, that was only on the CD releases. doesn't exist on their later anthology releases