Unreal Tournament 3

Did you...  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Did you...

• Jizz in your pants
    • Shit in your pants
    • Jizz AND shit in your pants
    • Look at your Voodoo2 and cry
    • Not watch the video in your lifelong struggle not to be impressed by anything
    • Slap Bucket around a bit with a large trout

myk said:

In my case the main issue is the high resolution, although perhaps the WM version was also streaming badly (I refuse to upgrade over WMP v6.4).

But I saw enough of it to notice that movie I posted is another one.

There's a download link on the page; pick Quicktime or WMV (which I suggest playing through VideoLan). Sorry, but low-res video doesn't do this game justice.

Bucket said:
There's a download link on the page

Heh, I should be more observant.

Sorry, but low-res video doesn't do this game justice.

That's true.

Heh I'm looking forward to UT3, as it's coming out on my bday month. I'm also looking forward for Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance (look for trailer on youtube).

DooMAD said:

Also, I think they've forgotten how to count. Shouldn't that be Unreal Tournament 4?

UT3K and UT4K were secretly the same game. Okay, not even secretly really.

To those complaining about Microsoft and XBOX Live: Hurry up and accept that console gaming has, and always was better than anything on the PC.

To those who think UT is just so-so: Then obviously you're not a fan of multiplayer FPS's and shouldn't post here. Unreal Tourtament/Championship are about the closest things you can get to a balanced multiplayer game. Hopefully you're at least still playing Purge.

It's also weird, the amount of negative posts I've actually read for this game here. I remember then the Unreal 3.0 Engine videos and screenshots had just started coming out-- virtually all of Doomworld was shitting itself. I mean, I know everyone here won't be able to run it on their 386's, but you don't need to be pointlessly bitter it.

By the way, yeah, I was exaggerating about most of the first part. UT is still one of the most balanced games ever, though.

Coopersville said:
Hurry up and except that console gaming has, and always was better than anything on the PC.

You'll have to accept that's the wrong homophone there.

with Crysis and UT3 coming to the PC and now being joined by Gears of War, I can't really hide from the fact that I need to upgrade anymore. me and my 25fps in Oblivion were ok, but that just won't cut it for shooters.

Danarchy said:

UT3K and UT4K were secretly the same game. Okay, not even secretly really.

You know, if Doom2 included a free copy of Doom with it, that would basically be the same thing as UT2k4 compared to UT2k3. I had both of them (only paid for one) and eventually I just couldn't stand how much handicap my slow computer gave me on the multiplayer campaign. Single-player was boring after a few days. Though I still managed to have fun for a while exploiting certain mods and owning everyone else who played.

I watched the video, didn't look very amazing. It looked like unreal 2k4 mixed with Halo. The graphics are pretty good, but they didn't knock my socks off. Plus I'm not much into online gaming. I played alot of team fortress classic, counter-strike, and DOD back in the day, but I haven't really done much in 6 years or so. Call of Duty had some fun multiplayer, but I only played that for a month or so. I played 2k4's demo online for a bit, but it was pretty uninteresting. It just seems that making a purely multiplayer game is the developers way of dodging out of making an actual story. Just make the mechanics and environments, and people will make the game for themselves! Seems lazy... it's like if you went to a pizza place and they gave you the dough, sauce, pepperonis, onions and what have you, and told you that you can make your very own pizza just how you want it, and you just have to pay them 12 bucks. The best unreal tournament I've played was the first one, because it had a single player mod made for it that was extremely enjoyable, never played the multi-player portion.

Edit: Oops, I meant I only played Call of Duty's multiplayer for a month or so. Still, you have to love the STG-44.

Jello said:

I watched the video, didn't look very amazing. It looked like unreal 2k4 mixed with Halo. The graphics are pretty good, but they didn't knock my socks off. Plus I'm not much into online gaming. I played alot of team fortress classic, counter-strike, and DOD back in the day, but I haven't really done much in 6 years or so. Day of Defeat had some fun multiplayer, but I only played that for a month or so. I played 2k4's demo online for a bit, but it was pretty uninteresting. It just seems that making a purely multiplayer game is the developers way of dodging out of making an actual story. Just make the mechanics and environments, and people will make the game for themselves! Seems lazy... it's like if you went to a pizza place and they gave you the dough, sauce, pepperonis, onions and what have you, and told you that you can make your very own pizza just how you want it, and you just have to pay them 12 bucks. The best unreal tournament I've played was the first one, because it had a single player mod made for it that was extremely enjoyable, never played the multi-player portion.

UT 2004 also had a very good single player. Played it for a year or so.
UT 3 will have single player to won't it?

I can't think of a deathmatch type game that didn't have singleplayer in some form. The previous installments did, and I'm sure this one will too.

hardcore_gamer said:

UT 3 will have single player to won't it?

I think it might have been mentioned here already... I don't know, I've seen a lot of forums talking about this-- But, yes. The developers actually said this will contain a single player campaign, more so than all the other UT titles.

Coopersville said:

I think it might have been mentioned here already... I don't know, I've seen a lot of forums talking about this-- But, yes. The developers actually said this will contain a single player campaign, more so than all the other UT titles.

I hope it will be like it was in 2004 or better.

I think it could be simular to how Unreal Championship 2 was. Little cutscenes, exclusive maps, and a couple unlockable characters.

is it just me, or is it just not that impressive?

shucky darn, i think i've been duped into watching something that promised more, i think I'll start a Lawsuit

EDIT: Oh yeah, Blackfish, I outta break your damn jaw for beating me to the Epic lawsuit update, but, meh... i think ill just go back to sleep instead..

It doesn't make much sense to me either, but trying to make it out it appears Silicon Knights, some Canadian game company nobody cares about, wants to sue Epic for "not giving them the very latest version" of the engine the second they demanded it, and that Epic's excuse is simply "THERE TRYING TO LOOK BETTER THAN US" or something.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense and its a stupid reason for a small time company to sue a larger company like Epic, who develops the damn engine to begin with.

Actually, they claim Epic gave them an incomplete version of the engine. Epic was supposed to supply regular updates/fixes/support to the engine as scheduled but allegedly skipped deadlines to give preference to their own releases.

But yes, stupid.

I always admired how the arsenal of the unreal games paralleled that of any Turok game being incredibly sensational and unorthodox. And to be honest, most of the fun of online FPS is blowing up people with crazy guns.