Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YMB

1-18-08 (Project Cloverfield)

Truly, a thread has never deserved the "WTF?" icon more than this.
No doubt you've seen this trailer on the internet (if not, link is at the end). It's for the next JJ Abrams-Produced movie. However, a few things were left out of the movie trailer, like:

-WHAT'S THE #%@$#% TITLE?!?!?!
-WHAT IS THE $%@@# MOVIE ABOUT?!?!?!
-IS THE MOVIE GOING TO BE SHOT IN GLORIOUS CRAP-O-VISION LIKE THE TRAILER?!?!?!

So, speculation is rampant all over the wide world of the internet. Including the usual crackpot theories, which have reached a comical low.

What do you think?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KQWFOgvPE20

that looks interesting.
the comments are funny because youtubers seem so be a stupid bunch in general.

doomer524 said:

that looks interesting.
the comments are funny because youtubers seem so be a stupid bunch in general.

Lions WTF?

At first I thought all the talk about lions was because someone posted "Jesus Christ! Its a lion! Get in the car!" as a joke and the stupid people on YouTube thought that he/she thought it was actually a lion. So I clicked view all to be proven wrong.

Yeah, this definitely looks like Godzilla 2. The original did leave room for a sequal, but it's not exactly a movie that needs one.

I saw this before Transformers. Looks interesting but I'd like to know WTF IS GOING ON. Looks like another movie like Signs or the new War of the Worlds.

Also, who is JJ Abrams?

Another thought occurs after reading the YouTube page. Someone on there said it's something called "the parasite". A movie about Lavos? O_O

Hopefully it's about Cthulhu rising from the murky deep to smite the wicked, partying yuppies.

Danarchy said:

Also, who is JJ Abrams?

The head of Bad Robot (the company), who are also responsible for Lost, so I can see why they dont tell anyone anything.

Ed said:

Hopefully it's about Cthulhu

Just about everyone on the internet has already presumed that it is.

Doom 2: Hell on Earth!!!
*SIGH* Never in a million years.
"It's alive! It's Huge!!!"
"IT'S AN ARCH-VILE!!!!!!!!"

yomoneyboat said:

Doom 2: Hell on Earth!!!
*SIGH* Never in a million years.
"It's alive! It's Huge!!!"
"IT'S AN ARCH-VILE!!!!!!!!"

Would probably be a Cyberdemon if it was that huge.

Antidote said:

Would probably be a Cyberdemon if it was that huge.

Or an over bloated Romero head.

EANB said:

The head of Bad Robot (the company), who are also responsible for Lost, so I can see why they don't tell anyone anything.

Ooooh. Yeah, that explains a lot.

It wouldn't be Cthulhu, not his style. He'd probably fly above the city and go "Xthai ghtuthulxu ftu zmughtxalktghu!" or something and everyones heads would explode.

Danarchy said:

"Xthai ghtuthulxu ftu zmughtxalktghu!"

What a catchy movie tagline that would be.

Jodwin said:

Or an over bloated Romero head.

Its a very angry doom guy and his trusty BFG 9000...
EDIT
'trusty' is very cliche now that I think about it.

yomoneyboat said:

What a catchy movie tagline that would be.

Maybe thats the movie's real title. :P

My first thought (before watching the trailer) was the Year Zero movie, but I think it's a bit too early to already be seeing footage from that.

I get the feeling this is a Cthulhu flick based on what I've read from other forums I visit. Try looking up information on the project name and Ethan Haas for some interesting stuff.

Here's my prediction: on 1-18-08, the trailer will be run on TV (if it wasn't yet at that point), but with a new ending:
CHUCK NORRIS: Hi, I'm TV's Chuck Norris. You know, movies can be a fun experience. But it's not cool to wet yourself over hype. It's only a movie.
(TITLE ON SCREEN): DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.
Paid for by the Advertising Council of America.
CHUCK NORRIS: Oh, and the movie's never coming out.

War of the Worlds 2. The Americanized Godzilla movies weren't popular enough to spawn anymore sequels, and Final Wars pretty much put an end to those. I was going to make a joke about how Doom 2 would come out first, but people already started touching on that.

Toho after the first American Godzilla film has no intensions of licensing the name to any American studio. Like Cooperville said Final Wars pretty much summed it up. Sadly Final Wars ended the ill fated millennium Godzilla era as well...

I'm voting for Cthulhu

Snarboo said:

I get the feeling this is a Cthulhu flick based on what I've read from other forums I visit. Try looking up information on the project name and Ethan Haas for some interesting stuff.

I don't know. abrams is saying that there are some "hidden" websites out there, one of them being the obvious 1-18-08.com, but those ethan hass websites, ethanhaaswasright.com and ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com, are not associated with this. don't know if thats him playing games or something. anyway, the teaser looks great and has got my attention. I just hope it's not that godzilla 2010 that it's rumored to be.