Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YMB

1-18-08 (Project Cloverfield)

Danarchy said:

I saw this before Transformers. Looks interesting but I'd like to know WTF IS GOING ON. Looks like another movie like Signs or the new War of the Worlds.

Also, who is JJ Abrams?

Another thought occurs after reading the YouTube page. Someone on there said it's something called "the parasite". A movie about Lavos? O_O

o_O?

I dont think this one is, but a Chrono Trigger movie might actually be pretty cool!

But when you think about it...Lavos did explode out into the earth and spray fireballs everywhere....maybe it is... (I can hear the SNES music now...)

the coolest thing ever would be a cthulhu mythos film...
but i highly doubt that is what it is.
a movie with cthulhu in it (or any other elder things/outer gods) would end only one way: everyone dying/going insane and the earth being destroyed.
only a very brave director could even approach this and i'm not sure if abrams is the guy.

i also am 99% sure that there is no way in hell that this is a new godzilla movie.
this is by paramount. if there was a new godzilla movie then it would be through sony. but there won't be a new
godzilla movie since toho has denied rights to make it until 2010.

it better not be vultron either.
there's actually a very good possibility that this is the american version of The Host...which would suck (although that movie was great).

Steeveeo said:

o_O?

I dont think this one is, but a Chrono Trigger movie might actually be pretty cool!

But when you think about it...Lavos did explode out into the earth and spray fireballs everywhere....maybe it is... (I can hear the SNES music now...)

If its a Chrono Trigger movie why is it taking place in real world locations like Japan? And the city they are in, which resembles New York or some other big city. And keep in mind that "modern day" people in Chrono Trigger were living in giant domes when Lavos erupted.

Besides, it may just be fanboyism (CT is one of my favorite games) but I can't see Chrono Trigger translating into a movie very well.

Who knows, maybe they changed the timeline a tad bit...

Also, in the game Lavos erupted out into a field and blew firey chunks everywhere, not a city...

But I still think a Chrono Trigger movie would be awesome! (just cut out the leveling and the sidequests and just stick to the main storyline)

You do realise I was kind of kidding. It wouldn't be outside the realm of reason that they kidnapped the idea of Lavos though. He was one of the coolest villains ever.

well, theres this and this. I'm not saying those are 100% correct or official in any way, but they do make for good reading about this.

amazing how easy it is to manipulate some folk into an almost religious frenzy about nothing

heh.

Well, thats pretty much exactly what I said in a different thread a while ago, where someone said something weird in a single post and everybody joined in the debate.

Pretty much what this is, just on a massive scale...

This bump is totally worthwhile (a first for me).
A second trailer has been released, and it definitely removes at least some of the mystery from the film. It has now been officially confirmed that the movie is called "Cloverfield."
Watch the new trailer here: http://www.cloverfieldmovie.com/

Yeah this definitely looks like something I'd go to see.

Probably not as incredible as The Mist, which was fucking awesome, but cool nonetheless.

I still say it's about Lavos. Anyway, this trailer is still very teasy for a movie due out in less than 2 months. Teh mystary continues!

Danarchy said:

I still say it's about Lavos. Anyway, this trailer is still very teasy for a movie due out in less than 2 months. Teh mystary continues!

Abrams has stated that it is NOT based on any existing monsters. It's a totally new and original creature. So, yes, Danarchy, teh mystary does continue.

Kristian Ronge said:

"The Mist"? As in the Stephen King short story? Fuckin' A! How did I miss that!?

Yeah, the Stephen King novella indeed. It just came out in theaters in the U.S. on Wednesday, and it fucking ruled.

I'm getting the impression that "Cloverfield" is the official name of the movie. I can't imagine many known IPs that would mesh with that...

yomoneyboat said:

Abrams has stated that it is NOT based on any existing monsters. It's a totally new and original creature. So, yes, Danarchy, teh mystary does continue.

It would seem teh mystary might just have a solution: possible monster spoiler concept-art.

Kid Airbag said:
Yeah, the Stephen King novella indeed. It just came out in theaters in the U.S. on Wednesday, and it fucking ruled.

Sweet! I'll have to see it ASAP.

Danarchy said:
Lol, giant whale monster.

Why not? We've demonized tons of animals, alive and extinct, on the silver screen, why not whales? ;-)

Yeah, if they kept everything under wraps this long, I doubt that's either a legitimate leak, or it was a reject. Got it from somebody, who got it from somebody, who got it from somebody, who got it from...

Kid Airbag said:

O_o I haven't even heard of this. I hope it's not a rehash of The Fog. The summary doesn't seem too exciting, but I guess it's got potential. King stories don't have a great track record of quality adaptations though, but then if Tommyknockers was anything to go by, they're miles better than the books.

The Tommyknockers TV mini-series scared THE FUCK out of me when i was like 6

...But now i can't actually remember anything about it other than forests and glowing green stuff

Lüt said:

O_o I haven't even heard of this. I hope it's not a rehash of The Fog. The summary doesn't seem too exciting, but I guess it's got potential. King stories don't have a great track record of quality adaptations though, but then if Tommyknockers was anything to go by, they're miles better than the books.

I never saw The Fog, but from what I can gather, it's a completely different premise. In this case, I didn't read the book first, although I'd read enough of King that some parts were somewhat predictable. But even though I had an idea of what was coming, the shock value was not diminished in the slightest, that's how well it was done.

Lüt said:

<font size=18 color=red>TODAY</font>

Damnit, Lüt, I was going to make this post.

I refuse to watch it (and not just not pay to watch it, i mean avoid it entirely) purely because of the flash popups.

YMB said:

Damnit, Lüt, I was going to make this post.

But you don't have permissions for such large and pretty fonts :(

deathbringer said:

I refuse to watch it (and not just not pay to watch it, i mean avoid it entirely) purely because of the flash popups.

Ahaha, you have flash installed??

Serves you right.