Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ultdoomer

jDoom and invisible textures

I don't know if I have something set wrong or if this is system-dependent, but jDoom seems to have a problem displaying invisible textures. In the first level of HR, the gate at the very beginning is opaque, and the invisible Cyberdemon cage in Level 20 is painted with the sky texture. Is there a fix to these rendering glitches?

Another, trivial thing: When I start jDoom from Snowberry, I have to click the left mouse button in order to put focus on the game.

Sounds like you are using a Windows beta version of Doomsday 1.9.0?

In these beta releases, the code for handling DOOM.exe style rendering tricks has been mostly removed as it is being completely redesigned for the 1.9.x series (given the low success rate). So it isn't really a glitch as such; it is just that Doomsday does not know how to correctly display those tricks.

The focus issue has been fixed for the next beta version.

DaniJ said:

...it is being completely redesigned for the 1.9.x series...it is just that Doomsday does not know how to correctly display those tricks.

So it will at some point in the future?

Yes. We plan to offer far better emulation of DOOM.exe rendering hacks/tricks for the Doomsday 1.9.0 release. These particular tricks will most definetly be emulated.