Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Searcher

New Cancer Cure?

I always liked the mitochondria; those little strangers within us that keep our furnace going. Now they will help us in our battle against the selfish and undead übercells!

I guess I completely missed that other thread or wouldn't have likely posted this one.

I do like the possiblilities though. Maybe they will find a cure in my lifetime or at least in my kid's lifetime. That cancer is such nasty stuff a cure would be a god-send.

myk, Any help we can get in "our battle against the selfish and undead übercells" is certainly a good thing. We need to keep those little furnaces active.

Edit:typo

I heard about a cure for cancer in fall semester last school year. It had to do with vinegar salt, and some other things that could easily be bought over the counter. It has been tested and proven to actually cure cancer. The only reason why it didn't go public was this: there was no money behind it. I really hate greedy people these days. You're saving lives, not getting rich quick!

EDIT: By the way, I heard about this in my school newspaper in a section they have every week called "News that should be news". Good stuff comes along.

Nah, i think we need cancer and other lethal diseases, without it all we would over-populate the world(more than it already is)

So war, disease and mayor terrible doings is accually needed, it sounds cruel i know, but its the naked truth

Havent we had this before?

The "new cancer cure that's really cheap, so teh corporationz!!11 won't tell anyone about it" pops up now and again, and sounds like the plot of a shitty Robocop ripoff from 1988, or a modernised version of the urban legend about the car some company built that would get 30,000 miles on a tank

deathbringer said:
Havent we had this before?

I'm no doctor but it seems to me that the posts by you and Dr Zin made in the other thread seem a bit off. It doesn't seem to be bullshit, but more like a theory that definitely doesn't have enough testing yet to determine its applicability.

This ABC news article tracks down the source of the theory and what it may mean. From the many informational sources available written by experts and doctors, it seems it's just a researcher's theory; neither dismissable at first sight as useless, nor a known curing method.

What seems to be happening, based on the limited information from the Wiki, is that, while normal cancer cells mutate and can no longer be shut off using mitochondrial cues in the cell itself, this acid seems to reverse that effect and causes the tumor cells to resume normal behavior and die, shrinking the tumor. This is in tested mice and rats, so it's hard to say if it will behave the same way in humans.

There seems to be substance to these claims, but it's a ways off before we now for sure. We have to be careful because the wiki also lists neurological effects (edit: and liver cancer in mice) in people exposed to the acid. Looks promising, though.

Edit: Read the ABC article and that seems about right. Like anything, it's too soon to make claims about its efficacy, but it still is promising.

myk said:

I'm no doctor but it seems to me that the posts by you and Dr Zin made in the other thread seem a bit off. It doesn't seem to be bullshit, but more like a theory that definitely doesn't have enough testing yet to determine its applicability.

This ABC news article tracks down the source of the theory and what it may mean. From the many informational sources available written by experts and doctors, it seems it's just a researcher's theory; neither dismissable at first sight as useless, nor a known curing method.

Ah, i was talking about the vinegar cure thing. I had also also heard the mitochondrial theory (i think on another site called jenniverse) and it did seem plausible and useful, but will probably end up costing a lot after all the testing, so teh corporationz!!11 will be happy and won't suppress it.

alexz721 said:

Do you have a more reliable source than a school newspaper?

My newspaper is reliable, but no I have no OTHER source.

myk said:

I always liked the mitochondria; those little strangers within us that keep our furnace going. Now they will help us in our battle against the selfish and undead übercells!

Sounds like an idea for a new project: Mitochondria TC?

It is the link in the 3rd post. It is interesting info. Something could come of it. Although there are a number of potentially nasty things the chemical can do to people that would need to be worked through first. Who knows? Stranger things have happened.