Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jc1

Pokémon Doom!!!

I have a project which I have been doing since 2002 although I had to restart it all over several times. I have been converting Pokémon maps into Doom levels and I have shown several people and they think it's a good idea.

You could download it from this site

fhttps://www.freewebs.com/jcdizon/index.htm

Currently, the latest version released is version 9 and it has like 20 maps, I forgot how many exactly but it's around 20. I made several texture/sprites change to make it resemble Pokémon more. The only moving Pokémon enemy in this version is Pikachu

Right now, I'm working on Version 10 and I added more monsters that could move although they are not Pokémon because I couldn't find another Pokémon sprite other than Pikachu. And also when you walk through certain borders (such as the border between a town and the wilderness), the music changes

Edit 11 years later:

This wad now has over 30 maps and over 100 Pokémon to kill and some of them even appears to "evolve". Nearly all the Pokémon and maps are from the first two generations and I have no plans on adding Pokémon from the later generations. The last update was from 2012 and I don't know if I would ever resume working on it. I actually kinda want to hand it over to someone who might do an even better job than I did. 

I was the one who worked on all the maps, editing and putting all the sprites in the game and virtually everything except for the scripting which was done Demyx who is probably retired from Doom already. The music came from vgmusic, most of the sprites for the Pokémon came from spriter's resources and I created the new textures myself. I created the Pokémon using decorate so this wad wouldn't work properly in ZDaemon at all.

image.png.2e2c1980350d0b9725a17707de597e72.png

image.png.fc83955eebe1babf247bae1684d844d7.png

image.png.198cba451be2185e7ebb87aa1a506476.png

image.png.f4a1bae2d03162d81dd58b32b03783e3.png

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/todxc1avgg0az1j/pkmnv12.rar/file

Edited by Jc1

@link: "We're Sorry, the page you were looking for does not exist"

@PokeDoom: No, this was done before and it sucked horrendously.

I am not dissing you, I am dissing the concept...

But maybe you can do it well...only time will tell...

You forgot to add .htm to your link.

Anyway, everything in me screamed that this was going to be horrible. Imagine my surprise at finding that it's actually pretty well done. However, your biggest problem is that the level layouts are all extremely similar, which is one of the downfalls of mimicking levels, especially many town-based settings, which is pretty much what every map was. Basically, I got bored quickly.

Heh. I made a Pokemon Doom mod aptly named PokeDoom. It sucked though. The levels were really shittastic and the graphics weren't too great either. You can see it here.

I also made a Wolfenstein 3D mod with Pokemon characters called Pokestein 3d. It's basically the same thing except the levels were slightly better and the graphics were ok. You can see it here.

Both projects are dead. Technically, Pokestein 3D is on hiatus until I can get a coder, but it's pretty much dead.

Hey Lizardcommando, I seen your webpage before when I was searching about Pokémon doom. I couldn't find your levels about Pokémon in your webpage though

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/about1.html

It's probably not the same old "Kill the Pokemon" type game you're expecting. Just look at that page and you'll know what I mean. The levels aren't Pokemon themed either. It's more like a couple of really crappy versions of the Wolfenstein 3D's that are on MAP31 and MAP32 on Doom 2 plus some extremely ugly, noobish maps.

BTW, you can't download the levels and graphics for Pokestein Doom anymore.

I liked how well the towns were layed out, but you should make another one, 'cuz I was kinda sad when I finished TR Hideout2, the game went right back to MAP01. Try another WAD with Ruby/Saphire now.

But, overall, it was well made, but like what alexz721 said, it got boring quick. But be lucky, your WAD is the first WAD I didn't immediatly turn on noclip, give all, god AND map mapxx. I actually felt like playing it. :)

ultdoomer, no, you have to use a more advanced port such as Zdoom, Skulltag, Zdaemon, Legacy, etc. I added several effects so it's not compatible with doom.exe or doom95

Well, I say this looks pretty fine after I played the current version.

One question, though: Will the future versions have boss battles?

Lizardcommando, do you mind if I take some of your sprites from your Pokéstein to my Pkmn Doom wad? I played it just now and I saw some interesting sprites including Growlithe

The new version of the Pkmn Doom wad has been released!!!! A friend of mine recently started helping me with the scripts so I don't deserve all the credit.

http://www.fathax.com/wadhost/files/pkmn10zd.zip

It now has 34 levels, 3 new monsters and a skin (Sonic)

Plus when you move through certain borders, the music changes although this feature disappears when its on a server. This only works in ZDaemon because of the way the Sonic skin has been set up

So you are saying this is now only for ZDaemon? that kind of sucks, because I like to limit myself on source ports, and ZDaemon is the #1 one I limit myself of. Let me know when I can get the new version to work with ZDoom.

MegaZzZeux said:

So you are saying this is now only for ZDaemon? that kind of sucks, because I like to limit myself on source ports, and ZDaemon is the #1 one I limit myself of. Let me know when I can get the new version to work with ZDoom.

I mean that one I released only works in ZDaemon, the ZDoom/Skulltag version will be released shortly (I hope)

Am I allowed to bring back this 11 year old topic? I do have a good reason to bring it back up, I have (almost) finished it and I am probably done with it and might hand it over to someone who wants to work on it and might do a better job

28 minutes ago, Jc1 said:

Am I allowed to bring back this 11 year old topic? I do have a good reason to bring it back up, I have (almost) finished it and I am probably done with it and might hand it over to someone who wants to work on it and might do a better job

necroposting for a reason such as this is generally the best reason to necropost. congrats on finishing your project - and maybe it'll see a Mordeth Award.

Well actually, I have stopped working on it 6 years ago so it only had 9-10 years of production. I should have posted it 6 years ago.

The IGN staff actually played this wad and recorded a video of them playing it but they played a beta version, not the version I wanted everybody to play.

2 minutes ago, Sven "ATDynaX" Reinold said:

5 years have passed and i wanted to play it but no link is working.

The link at the bottom of the first post seems to work.

On 10/24/2023 at 10:46 AM, Sven "ATDynaX" Reinold said:

5 years have passed and i wanted to play it but no link is working.

Yeah, the link on the bottom seems to work but I will provide another link in case that one goes down.