Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Liberation

New Map- Hellmare

A medium sized map based in hell, my first map using SLADE which im finding so much better than wadauther!!, beta testers wanted so please post up if you would like a copy, as far as i now it runs on any port and i would like to keep it that way.

Map Statistics:
1482 Vertices
1893 Lines
3379 Sides
472 Sectors
52 Things

Comments and sugestions for detailing and lighting welcome.

Anyway some screenshots...

Looking good there IMO the green bricks in the third shot from the top don't fit in they feel too tech to me, it might be just my taste talking now if you like it keep it of course its just an suggestion :p

Maybe an new sky and the usual comment (read whining) from me that the textures could use some aligning, I like the GSTONE/SP_HOT1 combination those are two of my favourite textures and they go well together.

End of transmission...

I agree with the green bricks it was just something i was trying out, i wouldnt mind finding some more marble and rock textures but thats not critcal atm.

As for enemys baron and down, its not going to be to hard but theres a fair few traps planed, each area has something to do in it and depending on which order (and wether you bother going to that area) you visit is how hard it will be.

Pretty sweet looking level.
U NOT TEH DIS WADAUTHOR!!!
It's not the best, and it's buggy as hell... but I've been using it since the beginning of time.

Hermm.. looks good but my curiousity peaked at that bookcase in the last screenshot & the brick texture you chose for the RPG room. :<!

I'm always amazed at the abundance of bookcases in hell. Those are some seriously educated demons.

Most literature in Hell is demonic literature, satanic bibles, ritual books and things like that. Bad that the remaining id guys by the time of Doom, have replaced proper looking unholy bibles and ritual devices, with chemical blue bottles, gimmicky skull caps, and arcade-like powerup spheres.

Is the map gonna be for basic Doom 2?

And doesn't mare mean "female horse"? Why not search for horse-headed Baronesses of Hell to introduce in your wad?
{Yeah, by wikipedia I did find something closer in meaning with the word nightmare. Bah.}

Yes this is a doom2 map with no extra port features. The bookcases well its suposed to be a libery so there.

Btw the title is hell/nighmare so hellmare...

yomoneyboat said:

U NOT TEH DIS WADAUTHOR!!!
It's not the best, and it's buggy as hell... but I've been using it since the beginning of time.

Oh i will, ive used it since getting it of a pczone demo disc back in 96/97..

Looks good to me. I don't agree with the small green bricks looking tech. I think that texture can swing both ways. It just doesn't go with a marble flat.