Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I figured that Skulltag would be cool to do because of the fact this level would be a community wad that is good for online co-op. I have never seen any other Doomworld community wads being played co-op online, so this might be the first?!

Stealthy Ivan said:

Awsome!!!!! Well I will e-mail you the pics, and the level/room, it is not finished but it will be real soon. I'm in no hurry to get this project done, good things take time.

Sweet, cheers.
I'll get a small corridor done or something before Sunday and send it you back (I hope).

I've never mapped in Skulltag, I normally work in zDoom, but hey, nows a good time to learn.
If this is to be an online Co-op, who ever is doing item placements should consider Runes and the Skulltag specific powerups as part of the map. 'cus you know. It would be pretty cool :p.

I think its hard to get an community project going these days, I was thinking of starting one as well but I think I won't cause I allready know how it will end up.

Screens look nice an unusual combination of textures which I don't see that often, good luck with the project I hope it turns out great.

It might be hard to start a community project, but I am very set in my ways, I'm sure I can do it. I just need some support, you people are all still dooming in 2007 so I figured I could get something started! Give it a try. :)
Keeping DooM alive!!!

Those Screens look proper mint, mate, good job on that.
Any chance of that bit being finished by tomorrow, early on?
I want to get my part done ASAP so i can relax on holiday and let other people work on the .wad.

Another thing, is this gonna be a 1 map project or several maps?
If it comes out well, a several map project could

I can get it to you later tonight, and yes, its is only one map/level (just a really big one ;))
BTW thankx for the help dude!!! Glad to see some one is interested!

dutch devil said:

I think its hard to get an community project going these days, I was thinking of starting one as well but I think I won't cause I allready know how it will end up.

Screens look nice an unusual combination of textures which I don't see that often, good luck with the project I hope it turns out great.

I think part of the problem with community projects is they are just to ambitious for these days and times. There is a far more limited number of good mappers that are actually still mapping for doom. Those that are still around are really good.

A project of one or at the most two episodes would probably do much better. A single episode project would be full right away, a two episode project would almost be stretching the limits I think.

Shucks, I might even come out of semi-retirement to do a map (doom2, not zdoom)for a single episode project. The people that still like old school are fewer and farther between. I have one map just sitting on my HD that is about 80% done, and in old school vanilla.

@Ivan The screens look great man.

edit:typo

Thankx guys! Beleive me, I will never stop Dooming :P Even some of my close friends laugh at me for still doing this, but in the end they join in!
DoomWorld 4 ever!!!
To all you noobs, dont worry, keep it going, you guys will do fine!

I would join in, but I'm a bit of a loss as to what is allowed :S.

This is for Skulltag right? I'm not much help with Skulltag :S though I would be able to make an area that's more in line with SP Doom.
Could you please PM me detailing what can/cannot be done?

As I recall Ivan, we made one of these for the 1024 project. Originally supposed to be map30 but then that killer icon of sin map took it place. I wonder what happened to it and if anybody still has it. It got to about 7 people at least if memory serves me.

I remember this very well, thats where the idea came from since that level never came to be... (The level 30 for the 1024 that we used was really cool, but the comp map would have been better! It seemed to take to long though...)

I don't think it was ever finished. Would be kinda cool if somebody still had it so it could get finished off.

POTGIESSER said:

I don't think it was ever finished. Would be kinda cool if somebody still had it so it could get finished off.

Find Lutrov, he would have a copy (I hope). I would have liked to see that level complete too! I bet it would have been really cool!

Here are more pics, I have sent the test map to Icarus to check out since he is building the next room. BTW I some how killed all of the bulls in that first screen with the shotgun and never hit a barrel?! Crazy! :P

There are plenty of spots open people!

The first room is finished! I can send it to anyone who is interested!
StealthyIvan@hotmail.com Just send me an e-mail!
Here are some more pics!

Give a play/test and tell me what you think! The level is designed so it drops you off at the point for the next person to start mapping.

I don't have an room but I have like an small section of an map lying around would that be okay also its like 10 or so small-ish rooms with some doors where someone else could stick their part onto.

I'm not doing anything useful with it anyway I probably would scrap it sooner or later.

OK, i'm back about for this project.

Should I start mapping now, or let Dutch Devil finish his first?

Ahaha, Sweet :D

i have a version of it, I'll see if it has your room in too. If not, I'll get Stealthy Ivan to send me the updated one.

Is it just the 3 of us so far?

Icarus said:

OK, i'm back about for this project.

Should I start mapping now, or let Dutch Devil finish his first?

The level is being passed along so build your part and add it to the map. Then send the map back to me, so I can pass it(and check its progress).

(Sorry for the double post but...)
I was wondering, is this project going to be just the five of us? If so thats cool, please keep me posted!
BTW Beanenator, you have room 5, the map should be on its way to you, E-mail me with the details.

...wait...nvm thought we had to make a level that was one room...i should learn to actually read the idea behind the project first and not just guess it from the name ;P

...but maybe i could contribute a bit, somethin to do