Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorenzo

Looking for a zdoom mod ...

Hello !
I'm working on a ZDooM project, a medieval level inspired by the first Heretic map, the Docks. I'll use many heretic-themed monsters (from the DooM Bestiary) and decorations.

My main problem is that i can't find a zdoom mod with medieval weapons in it!

Can anyone suggest me such a mod?

Lorenzo

you can take resources from witchhaven (like cutmanmike did for ghoul's forest 3.)
that game has some very nice weapons.
i'm not sure about the legality though...

There's a medieval weapons project going on over at the ZDoom forums that might be of some help.

The Lag said:

you can take resources from witchhaven (like cutmanmike did for ghoul's forest 3.)
that game has some very nice weapons.
i'm not sure about the legality though...

Another similarly illegal possibility is to steal the Hexen graphics. Fitting, if you're mapping for Doom something based on Heretic.

What about switching your map from Doom to Hexen? Wouldn't it be more appropriate? Okay, maybe you want to put more Imps, Demons and Revenants there and fewer Ettins, Golems, Gargoyles, Afrits, Disciples...

You can pass the illegality issue by constructing a batch program which prompts for the Witchaven/Hexen data file and extracts/repalettes/imports graphics to your wad. Similar to DeuSF but cross-software. Make sure it also requires the full versions -- not to work if people just download the sharewares.

Ok, but if i switch to hexen, how can i use the Heretic monsters?

Lorenzo

Like in Hordes of Chaos ?
This seems to be too much illegal and difficult...

However i've decided to use some weapons from the weapons resource pack... so the level will be for Doom2/GZDooM or ZDooM.

Lorenzo