Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Dweller

Random Drawings

You may wish to work on proportions a bit. I know that cloaked figures are always difficult, but especially in the second picture he looks like he has really long arms and really short legs, judging by where the belt rests.

Keep working on it : )

make it a sprite with rotations, then we'll talk

That second picture looks like it has a face with fangs, and it's looking straight down.

Anyone? Anyone?

These remind me of the Disciples/Dark Bishops from Heretic/Hexen and the Ringwraiths from the LOTR movies. Nice work overall, but your proportions/anatomy could use some work, as stated previously.

Proportions are fine, it doesn't have to be human, and such a polluted process would result in bone misshaping, contraction... Inspired on Heretic/Hexen enemies, ain't it. Good for a foster brother of D'Sparil, Korax and the Big one, Eidolon.

Can it fly?

Nice one!
Everything i would have said about this drawing already have been covered, so everything left ot say is;
keep up the good work... good to see some talented artist around ;)

thanks for the input guys! to answer some previous questions, yes they were kind of based on the Disciples in Heretic. I don't know about the Dark Bishops as it has been so long since i played Hexen. the wings were inspired by the Guitar Hero version of the Grim Reaper. The scythe was my own idea, as far as i know.

...and yes, it can fly.

thanks again for the comments, i know the proportions are a little off, these are actually my first two drawings that resembled a humanoid form, not to metion the small paper size didn't help too much either (the wings on the second drawing were cut short due to lack of space).

Looks a lot like the Hexen guys. And nice idea with the wings. Other than the long arms its pretty well done.

thanks

the only thing that bothers me is the random smudging of the pencil lead, i thought i erased it all but i guess my scanner caught it...

erasers suck...

Shadow Dweller said:

the only thing that bothers me is the random smudging of the pencil lead, i thought i erased it all but i guess my scanner caught it...

erasers suck...

That's probably the bane of my existence. My art is usually ruined in the process of removing it.

yeah, i'm usually pretty good about removing it and it looking decent when you look at the paper itself, but once i run it through the scanner it picks up all that stuff, and at certain angles it looks like crap because you can see every mistake i erased.

i guess if you use a regular desktop monitor you may not notice...

I've found that sometimes fiddling with the contrast/brightness a little in an art program can get rid of the smudges/marks, so long as they're not too heavy.