Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the iron hitman

How do you change door open and close speeds?

I know you can set tags for Door open or Door open fast, I'm not sure if you can really modify the exact speed. (If you could I'm sure some on DW knows how :P)

if you're talking about speeds other than "fast" and "normal", i don't think there's a way, at least, i've never seen/used any other speed.

in the newest doombuilder version, if you right-click to edit a linedef and click the next tab to the right at the top of the edit window, you can adjust the effects a little more specifically.

Unless, of course, you are editing for Zdoom in ZdoomHexen mode. In which case, door speed is one of the line arguments. I think the speed for slow doors is 16 and 64 for the fast ones. But you can set it at any speed you like up to 255 if you want to.

Maybe you'll have to script to have doors which open at different speeds than closing.

damn....not a doom in hexen format thing....the guys in KZiZD managed to change the door speeds and lift speeds...if only someone knew what format they put it in....thanks anyway kind peoples! :)

Is this a ZDoom-specific map or other? Most ports have at least one way to do what you are asking.

the iron hitman said:

No its not for any specific port, it should work on jdoom, zdoom, gzdoom and whatever else is out there :P

In that case I'm guessing it won't do you any good to make the wad BooM-compatible. As such, you'll have to use only the specials available for DooM2 (or DooM), and that means you are stuck with the two available speeds - normal and turbo.

Isn't there a way to make platforms raise or lower instantly using "raise to nearest floor" and fiddling with dummy sectors? It's used to simulate doors that "swing open" in some of the castle levels of Eternal Doom