Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the iron hitman

Can anyone make a good detailed intro screen for JDOOM?

Hi. I was wondering are their any people out there who would like to make a good detailed introduction screen for jdoom. Its for a small project (mini mod)

screenies are here:- Note: i aplogize not being able to show a lot of detail, but i'll update when i have more time with bigger, better screenies.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3564/jdoom000001im8.jpg
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8140/jdoom000002el5.jpg
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9707/jdoom000003kq4.jpg

Might I suggest that if you plan to make a titlescreen based on screenshots of your jDoom map; that you take said screenshots in Doomsday rather than DoomBuilder as they will be a lot prettier to begin with.

Bottom shot is my personal favourite the other two look well they just have weird combinations of textures.

And align your textures.

??? fog? Ha i do believe thats a problem with JDOOM. I dunno why it generates it, but fortunately its over long distances :P

PS. ichor, would you like to beta test it?

the iron hitman said:

??? fog? Ha i do believe thats a problem with JDOOM. I dunno why it generates it, but fortunately its over long distances :P

PS. ichor, would you like to beta test it?

Fog in Dday can be turned on/off using the console command "Fog on" and "Fog off".

Dday's fog is turned off by default, unless a definition is being loaded that adds it to a map(s). In which case it is turned on for the map(s) that the definition effects. If you turn fog on, using the console, for a map which doesn't have a definition loaded for it, you will get a pretty thick grey fog.

The JDEP is the only official add-on that includes a fog definition. Obviously the colours said definition uses for each map are based of the original ID maps.

the iron hitman said:

but any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcome :)

My criticism was/is constructive. Just put more detail in some of the first (Doombuilder) screenshots. And it does look quite evil in the JDoom screenshots, hooray.

But why would you want to use screenshots as intro/title/inter screens? Isn't it too cheap? Why not try a painting, a comic book scene, a fine texture?

Ichor said:

but blue fog and brown sky don't mix very well.

There should be a fog or fade feature which recolours the background/sky to the darkest colormap entry available for the light level. Simulate that the sky image is part of the game, at infinite distance to the player, and give it a light level according to that. I'm pretty sure there are numeric sector light levels above a certain amount which never fade into black by the distance. I hope you readers got this.