• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janizdreg

A fucking awesome video game mash-up video

Technician said:

Bootleg multicart.

Where??? I'd buy it at once!!!

WIN. Especially loved the J-Pop remix of Wily Stage 1 music from Megaman 2.

Technician said:

Bootleg multicart.

Come again? I'll assume that you aren't being serious.

I'm sure Technician comment was sarcastic :-)

I'd love to see a game with such complex/crazy gameplay though...just in the 3 first minutes, I managed to spot references from Street Fighter (various versions), King of Fighters, Super Mario Land, Bravoman, Digdug , Wonderboy in Monsterland, Mutant Night and Megaman.

In the Sylvia part, I only really bothered noticing references from Wonder Momo, Urban Champion, Ghostbusters and Fantasy Zone.

The closest that you can get to that short of wackiness in a real game is the Parodius series.

Haha! Dude, that is the craziest Youtube video I've ever seen. It's so fucking insane on so many levels! The Megaman sequence was awesome.

I wasn't so sure I wanted to continue watching this after I saw the Silvia sequence (to be honest, the music kept me going), but then I saw the Megaman one and I couldn't stop laughing. Haha, it was so funny.

When Sylvia and Megaman jump at each other pay attention to where Megaman's gun is headed

Mega Man sequence was awesome, if a little random.

Lamneth said:

When Sylvia and Megaman jump at each other pay attention to where Megaman's gun is headed

I am pretty sure that was a coincidence, right?

Megaman got the real raw end of the deal. Oddly enough the Jpop music for the Sylvia sequence went well with Steeveeo's dancing avatar.

POTGIESSER said:

Oddly enough the Jpop music for the Sylvia sequence went well with Steeveeo's dancing avatar.

heh

I'm not a console gamer, so I didn't get 90% of those references. Yay FF6 music though.

Danarchy said:

I'm not a console gamer, so I didn't get 90% of those references.

Same. I understood Megaman (only because so many geeks in my school go on about it all the time) and Mario because, well it's Mario.

Oh and Freiza but only because I used to watch Dragonball Z
EDIT: Forgot Pacman ;)

yeh The FF6 Epic Battle theme or whatever it was called was great; wondering if it was the Powerglove cover. I'm still trying to find a heavy metal version of the overworld battle theme from FF6 (heard one on MP3.com before it got CNetted, kicked serious ass).

The Kung Fu and Megaman segments were decent, but the Sylvia one was just meh, and the JPop version of the Wily theme was annoying as all hell.

BoldEnglishman said:

Same. I understood Megaman (only because so many geeks in my school go on about it all the time) and Mario because, well it's Mario.

Oh and Freiza but only because I used to watch Dragonball Z

Yeah, I got Mario, Megaman and Freiza for the same reasons, and Pac-Man as well. There were a bunch of Street Fighter references too. I also got Dig-Dug because I used to play that game on my C64. The background from Punch-Out I knew because of the "nigga stole my bike" meme. There was also a brief Final Fantasy reference aside from the music.

That was all I got really.

DeumReaper said:

best part was the megaman part (lol @ the e-honda pipes and lance of longinus)

I thought the funniest part was when Megaman was trying to jump to the flag and: he smacks into a coin block (I hate it when that happens), he gets hit with an E. Honda, the flag sprouts legs and runs away.

Yeah, I thought him dying from hitting the coin block was pretty hilarious. That has happened to me way too many times. :(

that was hilarious. the mega-man stuff was killing me, especially the stuff in super marios bros. WIN!