Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steeveeo

What the crap?

http://www.freewebs.com/steeveeo3001/wtf.jpg

Who did what to DW?

Was it a hack? An admin messin with us? Who knows...

But now all the links off of the main forum page are busted (I try to go back to the forum index and I end up in Everything Else)

Nice color template, but the animated flames at the bottom are annoying.

I noticed that someone changed the URL naming.

That will cause problems later on I know that much...

banner bug is gone.

lol! also, I just noticed that somehow, every topic just got 470+ views since the bug.

Steeveeo said:

Well, the old URLs still work. This just gives easier to read ones that can be used from now on. Some problems have been spotted and fixed already, but I can see a remnant one: Clicking on the "Doomworld Forums" link on the forum tree at the top will work, but right clicking it and using "open in new window" will open a vlank window (to the browser's home page, apparently). Clicking the thread name will display similar behavior, with the difference that it will open the Doomworld home page when using "open in new window".

myk said:

Clicking the thread name will display similar behavior, with the difference that it will open the Doomworld home page when using "open in new window".

Funny I swore I fixed that. Anyways fixed (again?)

is anyone getting links not opening in new windows? don't know if thats related to this, but I noticed it last nite.

Steeveeo said:

Don't you people get the damn joke?! It's Post II: Hell on Earth! That's definitely what got me when I saw that wonderful no sarcasm pic.

Speaking of Post Hell, what's that awesome tune playing as of now? It's no longer creepy like that Law-n-Order bang (talk about punishment) or irritating like that bottom-retarded ad (talk about bad people) or that horrible deathz0r non-musical attempt at imitation. It's really short, so what. But it no longer sounds hellish to me. Better suited for a Post Heaven. How about that? And what is that Post Hell fine song again?

printz said:

that horrible deathz0r non-musical attempt at imitation

more like wonderful

david_a said:

Damn, I was quite sure it connects with Startrek. Now it gets WAY less cooler. But it's still nice to listen to. I keep a Post Hell tab open just for the nice music. Thanks...

exp(x) said:

more like wonderful

Sorry, can't compute.

Linguica said:
Can you be more specific on where exactly this bug is because I don't know what you are talking about.

Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > What the crap?

Opening a new window (from the bold part) opens it with "about :blank". That's my browser's home page, although I just changed the home page to test and it still brought up about :blank. Firefox, though, doesn't have this issue (it opens the Forum index in another tab or in another window). Perhaps others can confirm this behavior, and maybe IE just sucks. Also, the rest of the links (not in bold) are okay in any case.

I deleted my temp Internet files in case it was some weird cache glitch, but the behavior persists.

Something I just noticed is that the properties of those links on top have some odd info, they say that their Type is:

COM/VB/ File
COM/VB/MISC/ File
COM/VB/EVERYTHING-ELSE/ File
COM/VB/EVERYTHING-ELSE/40935-WHAT-THE-CRAP/ File

Normally it would say something like "PHP File", "HTML Document", or even "Not available". While other links sometimes include rubbish there (e.g., PHP?ACTION=BBCODE#IMGCODE File) under Type, it's odd that here it includes the domain extension among that. Maybe that's a sympthom of the problem...?

Umm I don't understand half of what you are talking about but the link to the main forums page should be fixed.

Linguica said:
the link to the main forums page should be fixed.

Yarp, you nailed it.

Captain Red said:

Everything sounds great after that god awful car commercial.

HEHEHEHEHEHEH, you completely got me. I couldn't guess that... Unless exp(x) meant something else.

Steeveeo said:

I think I found another one. If a search yields several pages of results, I can only view the first page; when I try to click on another page I get the "Invalid thread specified" message.

ultdoomer said:
If a search yields several pages of results, I can only view the first page; when I try to click on another page I get the "Invalid thread specified" message.

I see the problem, it's using & instead of ? between php and action.