• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Your most HATED monster?

Mithral_Demon said:

Hmmmn....

You know, if you find faults of the Archie, there is 1 thing I just thought of:

When you kill Chaingun/Shotgun zombies, let a archie revive and kill again til you have full ammo, just incase some bastard group of Barons appear and have no rockets (Which I doubt much...)

The Arch-Vile did have two weaknesses, Cover and itself.

I just take cover and berserk archies when I can...saves ammo and they die rather quick...hell I snuff most monsters when they aren't in a large group (damn revenants!!)...and speaking ov which i hate revs in groups...circle strafing them while keeping an eye and dodging their fireballs simultaneously...

Other than the 'official' Doom monsters...Bruiser Demons from KDiZD...we need more levels with difficult monsters like THAT!!

Khaoscythe said:

I just take cover and berserk archies when I can...

Timing is a factor if your going to do that. I get strafe in and out of cover, and blow the motherfucker to bits with a Super Shotgun.

Lost Souls and Pain Elementals. And Revenants if there are more then 3 and i dont have a super-shotgun X_X

S!N said:

And Revenants if there are more then 3 and i dont have a super-shotgun X_X

Won't a rocket launcher or chaingun work just as well?

if there are 3 or less i just use a SSG but if there are more its a pain and i use a rocket launcher or plasma gun, i use a SSG just due to it being fun =)

I hate the Slitheen. Damn, what was Russel T. Davies thinking when he was creating them? Doctor Who has been totally ruined. It was good until they remade it in 2005.

Oh, wait, my most hated DOOM monster?
Depends. I find chaingunners irritating. And I don't like Revenants. or Archviles. Or Pain Elementals.

But there are no enemies in DOOM one that I see and think "Oh, no!".

I think Revenants are my number one enemies by far. And it's not because of their health, attack (Although that affects my dislike for them 0.01% more.), it's because of how often they appear. Seeing Imps for several thousands of times, Mancubi, Cyberdemons, Spider Masterminds, Archviles, okay, but god forbid I see another Revenant or I'll scream.

I'd say lost souls go on my list as the most annoying. Just because they appear silently and attack so annoyingly "in your face". Revenants at least make their presence well known (although their melee attack style is annoying.

Imps are the top of my most annoying list in Doom 3, since they appear way more often than any other monster and as a result, there are very few Manicubi (my favorite enemy) and pinky demons in the game.

I'm not a big fan of Revenants. Not because of the homing fireballs or anything, more because they seem to be wearing red cycling shorts and American Football pads.

The unbeatable boss from that stupid Alice in Wonderland TC a few years back. You know, the one with the moving skies and platforms and shit. I remember you get shrunk at one point. It was pretty good. But I hate having to give decent mods with years of work zero stars because they shoot themselves in the foot at the end with an inappropriately difficult boss fight.

For seriously, you'd think that with the years of mapping experience on this site they'd know how to script a decent boss fight. Something other than "okay lets drop you into this tiny room with lava and rockets and no other ammo and a boss that requires a degree in spacial geometry to flay". And it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so out of context. "Okay gameplay balanced balanced balanced NOW SUPERBOSS!!1"

Close second is the boss from Massmouth 2. Yeesh. What were you thinking Cyb? Runner up: the final fight from Equinox. I was so pumped to beat that without cheating, BOOM, 2000 monsters at once, zero stars. I read somewhere that the creator made that mapset as a warmup for NUTS.wad. Is this a bad joke? Was he in a mentally-debilitating accident or something?

lol remember that map in Equinox >_< i mean come on even on UV i am sure a Doom god couldn't beat this map =/

It suck because Equinox is a well made Wads but personally the last lvl screw it up totally...

I hate Chaingunners,Pain elemental and Lost Soul the most btw

Undead+priest said:

lol remember that map in Equinox >_< i mean come on even on UV i am sure a Doom god couldn't beat this map =/

It suck because Equinox is a well made Wads but personally the last lvl screw it up totally...

The last level was intense. I actually liked it despite the fact that it was kind of NUTS-y. It seemed an appropriate ending to the game. :)

(And by the way, UV is the hardest difficulty setting, excepting Nightmare. You were probably thinking of ITYTD or something.)

Pete The Padre said:

Lost souls. period

I don't know why Lost souls attract so much hate. They're more opportunist than dangerous. I find the bullet-shooters, Troopers included, the more annoying, and often the kill priority.

I see why the PE is hated, however. His spawning Lost souls is often the result of player's slowness to destroy him, more so than with other enemies. It's because the player didn't close on him on time.

From Doom 1, I think the Cacodemon is the most intimidating. Spider Masterminds and Cyber Demons have the potential to be very dangerous, but they're not very common, and you have a lot of space and resources available when you fight them (at least in the original levels).

The cyberdemon when I don't have the BFG. He takes a lot of rockets to kill. (Especially when there's more than one.)

benb dover2 said:

I think cacademon are the worst because they are so damn ugly!

Cacodemons look awesome BECAUSE they're ugly. They're also fun to draw. :P

StupidBunny said:

The last level was intense. I actually liked it despite the fact that it was kind of NUTS-y. It seemed an appropriate ending to the game. :)

(And by the way, UV is the hardest difficulty setting, excepting Nightmare. You were probably thinking of ITYTD or something.)

Ya the word even shouldnt be there **

benb dover2 said:

NO! DO NOT DIS THE FRYING TOMATO!
No, Seriously, do'nt hate the Caco, they make such good infighters and fun to push around like chew toys.

And really... Why should you ALWAYS use the rocket or BFG on a Cyb? Seriously, I find SSG, Plasma, and Chaingun more fun, challenge and leaves some toying around.

Well Cybie can quickly become a nuisance...i don't mind using the SSG against him in some 1-on-1 battle against him but when there is people around with him i'd rather use the BFG to quickly clean the place.But its all about taste ;D

Undead+priest said:

It's not impossible. I've completed it before, but of course UV-max is a different story, and I'm not sure if it was UV I did it on or HMP.

For me, it's the Pain Elemental; that bugger'll fuck you out of ammo faster than you can say "dry" if you're not careful. All because he spawns the nuisances that are Lost Souls.

benb dover2 said:

Really? Cacodemons are among my favorites, along with the mancubus, and pinky demons.

When I was little, cacodemons used to scare the crap out of me because sometimes, you'd hear their hissing sound, you'd turn the corner, and one of them would be staring you right in the face!

I guess that's why everyone likes them, because they're so ugly, but they're also so fun to fight, like with a chaingun, where you can push them all over the map!

lost souls...i cannot STAND them! they always fly right at my face at the worst times.

for example, i will shoot a rocket at a group of lost souls, and one will fly at my face as my rocket is shooting and it will blow me up!

Hahah, you think lost souls are bad then? Try fighting them with a weapons mod that requires reloading, and having one or two come after you while you're reloading the shotgun.